Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A&A for veterans non veteran spouse!!!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I wanted to know if 100%P&T Veterans (still living) and their totally disable non-veteran spouse that need help from another person for everyday living activities eligible for the A&A ?

Well I found out today and the other day visiting with a DAV/NVSO 

And hadit member Brokensolider 244th   the answer is NO.

Its for the surviving spouse of 100%  P&T  Veterans that served in a war zone. and age 65 or older.

For the last year we been beating our heads  on the wall  on this  and trying to figure out if my spouse was eligible or not. The eligibility would be for her to get it  if I was decease  (dead as a door knob) and she met the criteria.

The eligibility for her states she needs to be totally disabled & NEED HELP FROM ANOTHER PERSON FOR DAILY LIVING ACTIVITES  &  I was 100%P&T SERVED IN  A WAR ZONE...AND DEAD.  

IT SOLELY STATES FOR THE SURVING Spouse 

''A pension is a benefit that the VA pays to wartime veterans who have limited or no income and who are at least 65 years old or, if under 65, are permanently or completely disabled''. There are also "Death Pensions," 

Veterans, spouses of veterans or surviving spouses can be eligible for Aid and Attendance benefits if they meet the following disability requirements:

https://discover.pbcgov.org/communityservices/humanservices/Documents/What Are Aid and Attendance Benefits (002).pdf

So this knocks us out.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet  i wanted to see this too?

''While I dont know where it is, the survivor benefits "include" benefits to dependents of living Vets if the Vet is 100 percent P and T.  Maybe someone else can find it.''

Its confusing when they mention the veterans survivor   to me a survivor is a veterans spouse that survived the other spouse.

My nearly 90 year old Mother is a surviving spouse of a retired Air Force military retiree and my father was also a disabled veteran on scheduler (sp). She qualified for DIC and military spousal income. However, at that particular time nearly 10 years ago, my mother was told she could not receive both. In that type scenario because both type spousal support comes out the same pot so it comes down to which is determined to be the most beneficial under adverse circumstances. She has TRICARE and Social Security MEDICARE. I called once to inquire if she fell under the banner of being a GOLD STAR WIFE. She did. When I made inquiry, about 3 years ago, there were no special incentives for Gold Star Wives in my mother's particular circumstances. My father served in both the Korean war and the Vietnam War. His service connected disabilities rendered him 100% disabled. My mother was devastated upon losing my father. She lost touch with reality to lose her memory and eventually slipped into Alzheimer.......mild to moderate; now more severe. She is in an assisted living facility. Up until the time frame before COVID hit, she was still very talkative and sociable. Not so much, now. My Younger brother handles her affairs. 

https://americanveteransaid.com/newblog/2020-aid-and-attendance-pension-rates-eligibility-requirements/

Click on the Aid and Attendance tab,

Just trying to help,

Hamslice

The chart show surviving spouse A&A rates.  I assume the Veteran died and their spouse gets this.  

2020-Aid-Attendance-Benefit-Amounts.jpg

Edited by Hamslice
cause I can

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Ham

I most likely will seek a VA planner to check on all of this   it is to confusing to say the least.

figuring out eligibility is conflicting and hard to understand.

5) Marriage Rules: a surviving spouse must have been living with the veteran at the time of their death and must be single at time of claim.

AS i UNDERSTNAD THE VETERANS INCOME FROM HIS VA COMPENSATION  DON'T COUNT TOWARD THE VETERANS INCOME.

BUT I STILL HAVE MY DOUBTS ABOUT THE VETERANS SERVIOIR .

i JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS AT ALL.

https://www.payingforseniorcare.com/veterans/veterans-pension#Eligibility-Requirements

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

ANYONE KNOW IF THERES Anyone that knows about this type of claim?

A&A for a veterans spouse in need  and the Veteran hubby is still living getting compensation. and veterans spouse  meets all the requirements   but my spouse is not a soul servitor to me  yet.... .she don't get DIC she just gets the dependent part of my VA Comp.  its added in to it.

because I am still living   why can't anyone understand that??

• HadIt.com Elder

WE MAY SEEK A VETERANS BENEFIT PLANNER.

ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO DO THIS  OR WHO TO CONTACT?

HERE IS A GOOD OR BETTER EXPLANTION OF THIS IN MORE OF A PROSPECTIVE MANNER.

https://www.payingforseniorcare.com/veterans/veterans-pension#Eligibility-Requirements