VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just filed for TDIU, should I be worried? Am I gonna die?

Rate this question

snow1wave

Question

So I meet all the requirements, I have a service connected social anxiety disorder rated at 70%. Due to that, I am unable to work in around people, without severe symptoms. I have not worked in over 2 years leaving my last job due to social anxiety. I filled out the two forms and mailed it today. Should I have any worry about the next few steps? 

What i've read may or may not have to do another c&p, and it should be an open and shut case, because I match every requirement.  What do you guys think, would I be an open and shut case, or will this be a long and drawn out fight? Also, is there a back pay for tdiu?

Thanks in advance bros!

Edited by snow1wave

• HadIt.com Elder

My IMO doctor said in very clear language that it was his medical opinion that I was permanently unemployable due only to my service connected disability.  That is the kind of language you usually need. I also had SSDI and had been rejected by Voc Rehab due to severity of my disability.  I also had been to a vet center where the director said I had chronic severe PTSD.  I had years of VA medical records to back my claim.  Still, I got denied the first time because the VA found some bogus flaw in one of my IMO's.  I had two IMO's.  However, don't give up.  I got my TDIU with p%t.  My wife got ChampVA  and I did get retro payment to the day I lost my job.