Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The VA is open

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Your local VARO is open for appointments only. After getting run around what form to file, I contacted my local VARO and ask them for a face to face interview.  They scheduled me an appointment that I just returned from so the VA is open. The veteran has to call his/her local VARO and not the 1 (800) number.

• HadIt.com Elder

I contact my R.O.  BY MAIL, BUT IF ITS A CLAIM THEN WE NEED TO USE THE CLAIM INTAKE CENTER. OR FILE ELECTRONICLLY 

Just recently I sent in my 19th  21-4140 next to the last 21 -4140 employment Questioner in to my R.O. (with return reciept)

2022 will be my last one to send in. but what is werid I don't think I am IU anymore since 2015  when I was granted a 70% rating for S.C. PTSD

ON EBENFITS IT SAYS I HAVE A FINAL 100% DEGREE RATING   NOTHING WAS MENTION ABOUT TDIU P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

PACMANX1

Have you heard anything about the New Administration closing the White House HOT LINE?

Reason I ask there are several programs President Trump started and is now being discontinued. 

BTW  We sent in the A&A claim forms & release of medical Information forms...we'll see what happens?

Again Thanks for your Help with that.

Edited by Buck52

The big question is "Have the National Archives opened?"

They've been closed down and not serving up Service Medical Records or any other doc since Covid started. There are 500,000 claims backlogged waiting for those documents and like 3 file clerks serving them a couple of months back.

• HadIt.com Elder

500,00 claims backlogged!  What a disgrace.  Government says "Thanks to Vets" on Memorial Day and yet they treat vets like crap.   What a country.  I think about those grunts in Vietnam getting paid  $250 a month for risking their lives.  My God, they did not even get a Thank You when they got home if they got home.

12 hours ago, SameOldSong said:

The big question is "Have the National Archives opened?"

They've been closed down and not serving up Service Medical Records or any other doc since Covid started. There are 500,000 claims backlogged waiting for those documents and like 3 file clerks serving them a couple of months back.

I think I got the number of searches backed up wrong. It's 100,000, I think.  But for the last 13 months, the NPRC has not been accepting any requests for records, so that 100,000 number is going to be a much larger number.

In their defense, they have paper records they are searching which means people running around in a warehouse of boxes of paper. During COVID, you just couldn't do that.

Which does bring up the question, why aren't the vets records electronic already?  If they were, they could be accessible by the vet. Not subject to a manhunt in a warehouse of paper every time you need a record.