Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Caregiver

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was trying to get caregiver benefits for my wife. I submitted the application.  VA called me back for a social worker to talk to me.  The VA said that I must use skype or video phone to have the application processed.  I told them that I don't have access to smart phone or skype and they refused to continue to process my wife's application.  I think and I am sure they are violating my rights once again.  There is no reg that says I must use skype or phone video to process a claim.  What to do?  I have not gotten an official denial yet and I have contacted my congressman about this crap.  The VA can't force me to user skype or video instead of face-to-face meetings.  I know they are blowing smoke and are just too lazy to come out to my house.  Any suggestions?

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the only thing that has changed is there's more veterans coming to the table and the claims process is way up there,what we did 50 years ago is still about the same today  other than this new system they use today is suppose to speed up the claims process   which a lot of us don't see, some veterans are lucky to get their claims approved first time around  filing right out of the military..there told to do that now days as us older vets was not. my grandson was in a IED and was toss 20 ft in the air  it messed him up pretty good  he has a claim for his Back and the TBI has caused him a lot of other problems  but they did tell him to file  any disability claims right  After ETS   within a year SO HE DID  HE WAS APPROVED FOR 100% PLUS SMC 's first time within 3 months after filing his first claim, AND  HE IS NOW FILING FOR SLEEP APNEA.....WE WERE NOT TOLD ALL THIS WHEN I GOT OUT.....AND WHEN I DID FILE  I WAS DENIED RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX   AND IT WAS A NORMAL THING BACK THEN  TOOK ME 5 LONG YEARS TO GET MY CLAIMS APPROVED.

And now I may ask for an Audit  to clear the air sota-speak  because there going to find a lot of errors that were commited and they kept committing them.  I hope they make it right..we'll see?

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

John999

file another claim for it  send it to the janesville pension intake center.  that's what I did with my wife A&A Claim  they approved in 3 weeks.

but now Caregiving is a different  type claim  but if you file on the correct form the intake center will find someone to work it.

if they need to come out to your house   mention that in your statement in support of your claim  and also mention you do not do virtual meetings on the computer.  if they know this ahead of time  they more than likely send someone out   (jmo)

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

VA caregiver coordinator says no house calls so my claim went in the dust bin.  This is BS because if those social workers have not had vaccinations by now they should be out of work.  We will see if congressman has any weight.  I go to the VA hospital and the place is packed. Why do these caregiver people get a free pass?

We and nobody, can be compelled to get a vaccination. If that was the case, the whole damn country would be vaccinated already. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

My uncle is a Vietnam Veteran with some disability compensation for his diabetes and maybe some other things.  All he has is an old flip phone.  He has plenty of money, but lives in a condemned house, without running water, computer, TV, etc.  He has no email and does not receive texts.

He uses my mail address and I get (hold) all his mail for him. 

He gets a lot of mail from the VA.  

LOL,

Hamslice

He don't know Skype from a pumpkin, much less a premium eBenefit's account.

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

• HadIt.com Elder

John999  here is some more info on caregivers

not sure it will help you  but you may want to read up on it?

https://www.caregiver.va.gov/pdfs/MIssionAct/CaregiversPCAFcEligibilityFAQ73120.pdf

Edited by Buck52