VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What is the advantage of being rated 100% schedular versus TDIU ?

Rate this question

Wanderer

Question

I think I had read something from the law blog about an advantage but can't recall the specifics. I'm 90% now with TDIU permanent and total, but if I got rehabbed and returned to a good paying job, would being 100% schedular be an advantage?

Space A is barely a thing. It’s never available when or where you want to go and you can get bumped and left. I don’t consider it all that great of a benefit. *shrug*

Some States only offer certain benefits to 100% schedular PT and not IU PT, I remember when I was IU PT (I am 100% PT now) and we were looking at different places to move there were quite a few states that seemed to not give the same benefits.

• HadIt.com Elder

Question?

What if a Veteran is 90% TDIU P&T  say  10 years concurrent  and files another claim separate and distinct  

and gets a 70% rating...this would meet the SMC S H.B. Criteria and is granted the SMC S

AND A 100% FINAL RATING DEGREE is this Veteran still considered to be TDIU P&T?? 

IF NOT COULD HE GO BACK TO WORK? With a final 100%

The tdiu should become moot. I was briefly tdiu when my final claim letter came file like 4 months. They backdated me tdiu to my filing date, then continued the 100% and rendered the tdiu a moot point in my decision letter.