Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How do I ask my shrink to help me get TDIU?

Rate this question

mb76

Question

Best evidence you can obtain is a vocational rehab opinion. You can get this through Vocational Rehab which is free. If you are truly IU then they will not accept you into the program. If not accepted ask for a Feasiblity Letter stating such.

41 minutes ago, mb76 said:

What specifically do I ask of him?

If you want a Nexus from VA shrink good luck. They almost never write one out. If you get a nexus from independent source they would need to view your VA records and state such on the nexus.

1 hour ago, Ddsr said:

If you want a Nexus from VA shrink good luck. They almost never write one out. If you get a nexus from independent source they would need to view your VA records and state such on the nexus.

I don't need a nexus since I am already service connected. I was thinking of some writeup on how my MH prevents me from working.

Ask him:  Do you think I am unemployable due to sC conditions?  If he says, "Yes", ask him to document same.  

If he says no, you will need another doctor which may include an IMO/IME.  

There are many docs who specialize in Independent Medical Opinions/Examinations. I don't know if I'm allowed to post any links but I'm sure there are listings somewhere here on Hadit. Probably can google VA IMO doctors too. I had one done, it was handled by my attorney and I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure it is pretty comprehensive. If I have to get another one, I would expect to pay from $1500 - $2000 but that's just a guestimate. Your situation may be less complex since you are already service connected and therefore less expensive. I've gotten so many different MH diagnosis from the VA that I no longer have much faith in them. If you can afford it, get an IMO. As always, do your research and consult several different docs.