Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

exam 8 minutes

Rate this question

uniccco

Question

Service connected  for MDD, Panic Disorder , Insomnia disorder, Obstructive sleep apnea all triggers for migranes i was of course denied she said migranes were primary hedaches and cant be caused by any of these triggers, she addressed no agravation and denied me what should i do  ?

4 hours ago, ArNG11 said:

Exams that are quick are not always bad news, although I have examples in my claims process that have yielded bad results, I have had others that yielded fruits, those exams got me service connections and ratings increases.

SAME- sometimes the evidence is very clear and the examiner knows it and just plainly says so. 

Case in point- i won SC for migraines linked to my TBI. they gave me 0 percent. my medical records are very clear- i was having 3-4 headaches a week with 3-5 a  month debilitating to the point i wouldnt be able to work and had to lay down in dark room. even after getting on meds i have 1-2 a month still but much much better(btw if you have migraines there is great treatments out there to help! dont feel like you have to live that way like i did)

anywho the point is, i reopened the claim. 5 days later i had a tele-exam by doc. he called and talked to me 5 min asking questions about my migraines and what he saw in my record. i got my award letter today! 30% finally. unfortunately i let the time elapse and didnt get EED i wanted bc i didnt keep my claim open with an appeal in time. but its SC with the correct % now with a short C&P by a doc that cared and could READ a file!