Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

LHI tomorrow

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Well I have my C&P tomorrow at LHI about my Meniere's claim. Should be an adventure. Going to a place that doesn't specialize in anything close to what I'm being examined for. All the new rating and nightmares I hear from everyone. I have to drive 1 hour and 20 minutes to a company that has another office 20 mins from me. I almost just quit the claim and left well enough alone but I think thats what they want. I hope I get a person that listens and reads all my doctors notes. I'll check ebenefits later today to see if I get denied before i even have my examine like last time lol. 

10 hours ago, Mr cue said:

We understand that the VA feel and have default to the private contractor.

Doesn't make it right and soon or later it will end.

If you think Congress is going to allow veterans to travel 2 3 hour for a exam when the hospital is 10 mins away.

Based on the you wait longer at the hospital is bull.

I never wait more than 2 weeks to be scheduled.

But I am going to let you have that one. Smh

Who do you think pushed for VA to ‘do something’ about the time length and claims backlog, based on concerns from vets? If you think Congress wants to fully fund VA then I have some land for you on the moon. 

You can’t really complain that claims take too long, and also complain that the government spends too much money on things (like fully funding the VA at the level it would actually take), then complain that you got what you asked for- more exam locations but no direct VA control over the exam scheduling and availability. Veterans wanted “something done”. They wrote their Congress people. They then got what they wanted- something done. 

1 hour ago, Rivet62 said:

So let me get this straight. I understand that the examiner has to follow the DBQ. Right?  In your experience, based on the DBQ, would a C&P examiner be pressed by the VA to give an opinion on the nexus of an existing rating when the exam is for unemployability (an increase)?

I want to gather opinions. I'll post this question more fully in a new thread.

A request for IU is a request for an extra schedular rating based on all disabilities. What are you asking? The examiner has whatever you put in the application to go by. The VA considers the totality of your condition rather than just the one thing you list, in case you are wrong (in the examiners opinion). 

17 minutes ago, Riplip said:

OK so I know my thread got compromised but I hope some are still following. I have an update from last nights call. Here's the backlog to my story. File claim for Menieres. Get C&P exam quite a drive away but go to it and it seems well. 2 1/2 weeks go by and I receive an email stating I have another C&P exam scheduled for hearing loss on 4/27 5 minutes from where I work. All good except I'll be out of state on vacation from 4/21 to 5/2. That same day I call them and tell them I won't be able to make that due to prior plans and will be out of state. They say thats fine we will reschedule after 5/3. All good. The next day (yesterday) they send me an email stating I have an appt. rescheduled on 4/29 2 hours away from me in another state. I call them last night and told them I spoke to one of there representatives the night before and I can't make anything in that 10 days period. We him and haw for quite a few minutes, I ask for a manager and I talk to her and she said since I'm canceling this appt. its being sent back to the VA. I think this is outrageous, I don't even see how it is legal. I wasn't even given a chance to make this. I told them I can see someone anytime from now until 4/20 and anytime after 5/3. Nope the VA guidelines state this and that. You will have to take it up with the VA. So now I plan on getting a instant deny and have to start all over. I know it will fall on dead ears but where can I make a complaint. I want to file a formal complaint to every possible office that I can. If this is happening to me its happening to others and it is unfair to anyone having to deal with issues. That my rant. Sorry but thanks for listening if you did.  

The va guidelines states nothing about the direct scheduling of exams other that putting in the request to have it scheduled ( unless it’s at VA directly) because we don’t do that. The decision to send it back to us has nothing to do with us. 

I really am about to stop responding to you and I hope the board ban you.

First you are not the VA you are a low level worker.

Stop try to make yourself bigger than you are.

Listen we understand that you are a VA employee and a poster from the other site were they think the veterans affairs can't do no wrong.

We don't need your VA talking points on ever post.

When a veteran complain about there problem with the VA.

I really wish you would go back to the other place were your post are need.

Were they discourage veterans an then ban them.

6 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

The va guidelines states nothing about the direct scheduling of exams other that putting in the request to have it scheduled ( unless it’s at VA directly) because we don’t do that. The decision to send it back to us has nothing to do with us. 

Show us were the VA say this or the law.

17 minutes ago, Rivet62 said:

Yes. I realize all of that now.  But back in 2016 I did not.  And even in 2018 I was only forming some grasp on matters of accountability, etc., etc. It's a process.  I'd say the veterans unemployability claims process is perhaps more onerous than SSDI claims, whereas the initial veteran's disability claims process is less onerous than SSDI.

Being paid at 100% (an amount above the already thoroughly reviewed rating outcome of 80%) would require quite a bit more to justify. I didn't realize that when I filed my initial claim that's for sure, even though unemployability was a real issue with me. I had assumed back then that they would see the record and hands-down I would get it, maybe like an added treat...you know like a cookie or a mint after the meal. LOL.

Its actually quite a bit more forgiving, and I can say this having gone through the SSDI process twice. 🙂