Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

LHI tomorrow

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Well I have my C&P tomorrow at LHI about my Meniere's claim. Should be an adventure. Going to a place that doesn't specialize in anything close to what I'm being examined for. All the new rating and nightmares I hear from everyone. I have to drive 1 hour and 20 minutes to a company that has another office 20 mins from me. I almost just quit the claim and left well enough alone but I think thats what they want. I hope I get a person that listens and reads all my doctors notes. I'll check ebenefits later today to see if I get denied before i even have my examine like last time lol. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@john999I'll second that. I have only had to deal with WC twice. One was with a prior employer and went relatively smooth, although I had to go to their doctors and therapists way on the other side of town (one hour drive each way). The second was awful when dealing with the WC staff and their doc of choice saying he did not see any work related injury; got to a different doc who said the first doc was stupid and lazy.

Might not have to wait too long. I had an exam on 3/9 and the claim was completed on 3/22. I was only asking for a temporary 100% for my right ankle/foot surgery I had last year so I could get SMC-s, but it was completed pretty quickly. I got one month of SMC-s, plus they increased my ankle from 10 to 20% and my pes planus form 30 to 50%, and they added another 20% for scars. I was already at 100% P&T anyway but this pads my numbers even more in case they every attempt to reduce me on anything. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Waiting is hell especially when you don't have a job or money to pay the rent.  I waited about 6 months to get TDIU and I lost 20 pounds from worry. I just could not relax not knowing where the next paycheck would come from being as I could not work.