VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Strongest Pain Med with Least Dizziness?

Rate this topic

I agree with John.  Im not sure how much your mother weighs, but my Mom was down to about 60 pounds when she died.  She got morphine suppositories to control her cancer pain.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Take her to get a shot of Toradol. Non narcotic very high dose injected NSAID. She may also need pain injections in the Lumbar. Opiates leaves a person loopy with higher doses.  They may be able to isolate the nerve causing the pain. Then do a RF burn and see if they can help the pain with RF.

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

The doctors go from one extreme to another.  Either they are pushing pain meds like candy or not wanting to give you anything.

Now they are so afraid they will get in trouble with the DEA they don't even want to treat pain.  Some of us have chronic pain that methods besides opiates don't relieve.  

On 3/22/2022 at 1:42 PM, jbasser said:

Take her to get a shot of Toradol. Non narcotic very high dose injected NSAID. She may also need pain injections in the Lumbar. Opiates leaves a person loopy with higher doses.  They may be able to isolate the nerve causing the pain. Then do a RF burn and see if they can help the pain with RF.

Thank you sir. Regarding the RF, she is afraid and refuses, end of story. However, the Toradol, I have heard of that, but don't know of anyone who actually had it. Do you have, or know of anyone, in over-the-top severe pain who has had a Toradol shot? I would appreciate you sharing that such experience, if you are able to .