Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted: THIS SHOULD BE INTERESTING

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

The Board of Veterans’ Appeals sent you a decision on your appeal. Here’s an overview:

Granted

The judge granted the following issues:

• Increased rating,  
  • 100% rating for individual unemployability

If this decision changes your disability rating or your eligibility for VA benefits, you should see this change made in 1 to 2 months.

Now the long wait and hopefully I can move to that forever home. 🏡

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

The BVA decision approving my appeal/claim for OSA secondary to PTSD was issued on December 30, 2021 and appeared almost immediately on VA.GOV website on my personal page.

The actual paper written decision from the VA Decision Review Office (DRO) was dated January 5, 2022 and arrived in my UPS mail box about two weeks later.  However on my request to the Peggy number 800-827-1000 they sent me email copy of the written decision immediately after my phone request.

Like I said, interesting, very interesting, got BVA decision today.

Increase Granted

TDIU Granted but still have remand and 1 separate appeal pending. 

BVA decided to separate these appeals awarded increase with additional years of TDIU but still remanded a portion of appeal for more development and separated my last current appeal giving it a separate docket date.  Could have been all done in one shot. Separate appeal could lead to even earlier date of TDIU, IMO already completed and signed but BVA is making me wait.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

• HadIt.com Elder

You are getting your money!  That is the thing! Congrats.  You never get justice from the VA.  You have to settle for money.  Maybe that is justice in this society.

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, john999 said:

You are getting your money!  That is the thing! Congrats.  You never get justice from the VA.  You have to settle for money.  Maybe that is justice in this society.

john,

I worked my VA claims a bit harder than I probably would have if I had been able to remain on active duty for a traditional retirement.  However, the State HQ's diviated from thier standard practice and involuntaried seperated me early.  So, my VA comp may not be from the same pot of money, but I justified it in my head..

Carl

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

Update got a call and an email from the VA OAR; they state that they will look into my decision and try to figure out what is going on. We shall see, so still a little confused.

Don't know much about the OAR, but this is what I found online.

Legacy & AMA Appeals: Update from the VBA | CCK Law (cck-law.com)

Quality Program for the Veterans Appeals Process

The decision review process for Veterans with pending disability appeals is being continually developed in an effort to simplify and improve the process.  The Office of Administrative Review (OAR) is responsible for facilitating these changes, as well as overseeing a comprehensive quality assurance reporting program known as the Quality Program.  One of the main duties of the OAR is to assess decision accuracy within the Decision Review Operations Centers (DROCs) at the national level to ensure that Veterans are receiving fair, quality decisions.