Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HBP Claim

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I very recently filed a claim online to the VA for a HBP claim via Agent Orange Presumptive.  I got a letter today dated January 12,  2021 saying the form I used online at Ebenefits is no longer in use.  They  already  received my claim and scheduled an exam for this month.  Are they just stupid or are they delaying claims again on any pretext?

• HadIt.com Elder

So I don't have to send VA paperwork about who is or is not representing me?  IF that is so why send the dumb letter to me.

Sounds like you have complicated administrative issues with the VA over POAs.  One time in 85 I signed a POA with DAV and that was a big mistake.  Since then I have represented myself successfully in many claims and appeals up until the present day.

If you contact them again then send them copies of your previous filings and POA retractions.  They may or may not sort this out.  If you yell at me I have a tough hide unlike some others.  Go ahead. Good luck to all.

My comment not legal advice as I not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

Edited by Dustoff 11

• HadIt.com Elder

Dusty.....I am not yelling at you.  I will sort it out.  I had a lawyer when I pursued a CUE at the Court of Vet Appeals.  He did the best he could, but we both got sandbagged by the whole system.  I was asking for 30 years of retro on my TDIU.  I have not used that lawyer in about 8 years.  I agree the VFW,, DAV, Al are pretty lame.

• HadIt.com Elder

Marine Corps.....if I am approved now I would get retro in 2026 most likely.  I am trying to cover myself in case of stroke, heart attack, etc.  I want to make sure that if I die due to an HBP disease my wife get DIC.