Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA

Rate this question

Stayfocus

Question

I have been waiting 445 since my direct review appeal was placed on the docket.

Currently, bva metrics says it’s taking 375 days as of Aug 7, 2022.

Has anyone had a recent direct review appeal that has taken more than 445 days, and can anyone other veteran share their BVA experience.

I have to apologize, I had my days figured wrong.  611 days is correct amount.  16 Dec 2019 was when I received the docket number.  Not sure how I got off on my math but I will blame it on old age and lots of fun getting there.

Most of us have.  No, you cant use the average because VA is quick to point out every claim is different.  

For example, evidence can arrive from multiple places, or not at all.  Some Vets have issues with CRDP (retirees), discharge upgrade, contested claims (such as a spouse who is claiming she deserves an apportionment), and many more issues, I cant even think of.  

The average metric, while helpful, is no guarantee.  

And, of course, the backlog varies with things like Covid, strikes, bad weather, and more stuff.  

My advice is to check all your letters to make sure "YOU" ARE NOT the one holding up your claim.  For example, if VA sends you a letter and asks for additional information, and you dont respond, or respond slowly, then its your own fault for the delays, or at least a portion of them.  

Other than an unreliable ebenefits/va.gov, you can check on the status, by viewing your VBMS file.  Unfortunately, you can not do that, you have to go through either a VSO, or attorney who has jumped through the hoops to be granted VBMS access.  

Finally, many Veterans advocates recommend the Veteran get a hobby and buckle down for a long time.  The time passes faster when you are doing something you love, rather than waiting in a line you would rather not be in.  

Virtually all of us, who have been around a while has experienced frustrating delays.  VA pretty much always has the same response:  Write your congressman and tell them to increase VA's budget.  The trouble with that is the VA budget has been increased and increased and increased every year, and VA wants more and more, no matter how much money they get.  

Well the VA has change over the years.

There use to be a number the  bva .

Now all call are answer by the VA 1800 no help.

My advice is to call Whitehouse hotline line .

They will do an inquiry to bva an hope that it get things moving again.

At least they have to respond.

There is no other way of contacting bva  an that is crazy.

You can try calling the 800 number, the white house hotline, or sending an IRIS email, or all 3.  

Its really not that unusual where a Vets claim or appeal is "stuck", going nowhere, and the Vet is not even aware.  There are many causes, sometimes, its the Vets fault.  For example, if you move and did not update your address, well how is VA gonna be able to communicate with you?  You probably cant fix the VA, but you can at least fix the things you may have done to create a glitch.  

You should start by reviewing your file on VBMS, rather than guessing.  Guessing what is in your file rarely has a good result.  It would be like driving, and not knowing the address to where you are going.  

2 hours ago, spirit_grt said:

I've had a docket number for 973 days and still waiting to be assigned to a judge.  Their "average" time is BS and nothing more.  

Wow! Are you legacy?