Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PACT Act presumptives

Rate this question

GBArmy

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA has confirmed that all 23 diseases identified in the PACT Act will be considered to be effective the date of the bill passage, Aug. 10. There will not be a "phase-in" of the effective dates that were staggered over several years! He went on to say that the VA will start to process the new claims Jan 1, 2023, which is the earliest possible date for them to begin.

1 hour ago, Vync said:

@john999And made it worse by saddling some presumptive disabilities for with red tape criteria like "must be diagnosed within 1 year of exposure" and stuff like that... After reviewing many of my father's treatment records from the time, I found those docs wrote as little as possible in the notes...

Yes, the idea that it must be diagnosed within even 10 years is a bunch of bull...it's either service connected or it isn't. Our bodies all respond differently and therefore in my opinion shouldn't have some arbitrary cutoff, for years, after multiple combat deployments I spent the first several years after service simply trying to adjust. 

You are ok with paying every vet that gets cancer, regardless of etiology? That’s  why there is a cut off as arbitrary as you may think it is. Just because someone served doesn’t meant that cancer 20 yrs later is service connected any more than back pain or knee problems 20 yrs later are, unless there is a history or at least a plausible presentation of pre symptoms during the presumptive period.

Otherwise every vet with an ache, pain, or disease for forever would be filing even if it has nothing to do with their service. There has to be a line somewhere. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Neither- the VA isn't like "hey, you live in N. Dakota...do you know Bob?"

I post in a lot of places. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

That wasn’t meant to come across snarky, it was supposed to be funny. 

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff