Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looks like more exams for me

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Well looks my supplemental information has made it through with my Drs. IMO. Just got the email stating that VES will be reaching out to set up an exam. Last time I had 3 exams all out of state and 1 hour to 2 hours away. 2 were to the same doctor and they had no idea why I was back. Can't wait to see how this one goes. I'm sure i'll have the White House line on speed dial again.  

Yep.  Part of the process.  I would advise not bringing up your Dr's IMO's.  I did this and it ticked the C&P examiner off.  That bad C&P exam extended my claims another year.  Eventually it got dismissed when I filed a complaint with the VARO.  This triggered three more additional C&P's for the same condition.  Let the rater sort it out.  

For a c and p eexam, you should get travel pay, but you have to ask for it.  

If its a hundred miles away, at 41.5 cents a mile, thats $83.00 round trip.  

I dont know how much mileage you get, but you can probably but you can probably but the gas for much less.  

If the VFW/DAV etc uses their van, you cant claim travel pay, tho.  If a friend drives you, you can claim travel pay, and pay him some part for gas if you like.  

In my area, some guys love distant c and p exams..its money in their pocket!!! 

The C&P exam company pays the travel automatically. I understand the reimbursement but its much more money lost since I lose all those hours of work. Just way more frustration than it should be. Especially the repetitiveness of multiple exams for the same issue. Pretty much par for the course lol

Here is an idea on how to lessen those repetitive exams:

1.  Get a copy of your old exam.  See, if it documents the Caluza elements, your symptoms, date of onset of symptoms, etc.  Likely, its missing something or its inadequate.  

There is information on hadit on what an adequate exam requires.  Not all examiners understand what is needed, so one or more exams may miss necessary information.  

2.  If you find "missing information" not covered by the previous exam, bring this to the new examiners attention, rather than just let the same mistakes repeat themselves.  

Take charge of your medical benefits, probably no one else will.   This means understanding the exam, and what is needed, and what is missing.  

Remember, multiple VA employees review Veterans files, and its highly likely that you get different employees ordering exams.  The likeliness of a conspiracty, involving multiple employees, to make sure you have to attend multiple exams is highly unlikely.  Instead, there is something missing, and examiners are either unaware of whats missing, or repeat the mistakes of their predacessors.  

I have, in the past, repeated mistakes.  For example, I gave no thought to "missing" Caluza element 3, a nexuss.  

If you are missing a nexus, and a new exam is ordered, then the employee is doing you a favor by not just denying your claim.  

You are unlikely to ever win a claim with a missing nexus.  Or, the nexus may be inadequate.  

Here is a link explaining some examples  of inadequate exams.  https://cck-law.com/blog/board-relied-on-inadequate-va-examinations-to-deny-veterans-claims-court-finds/

Bronco, easier said than done. Getting my exams mean filing for them and waiting a year. I'm still waiting for my documents and exam notes from Feb. Maybe I will get them in time but I doubt it. I go to every exam with all the info I can muster up. Thats all I can do.