VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P exam help

Rate this question

Whodat

Question

Hello all of my brothers and sisters,

I recently have filed a claim. I have received an email for scheduling an appointment.

Here is the problem, it's with VES. There is only one VES in my town. He is a vet as well. I have had him in the past, I have reported him due to his job performance, I have a feeling that my upcoming appointments are with him. How do I go about getting someone else but him? I will not refuse an exam but I care not to see him.

I had a favorable exam for migraines but he came back and re diagnosed me with cluster which caused a denial.

Thanks again.  My best bet is to hold off until I can afford to pay for an imo is what the VA wants.  All I have is my VA health records and x rays etc shows the worsening of my symptoms and conditions but will not provide a nexus or link. 

You might be able to call them and request a different examiner.  The QTC clinic that does mine will bring in various examiners from different areas of the country.  I've had one Dr. a couple of times.  Luckily, he was a good dude.  

Is it possible the examiner doesn't know who complained?  Not that that's going to help if he's a Putz.  Last time I complained about an examiner, they had a different one redo the C&P.  Hopefully this is the case for you too.

If it helps, after I complained to the VARO about an examiner, they were very thorough, nice, and I had a positive C&P.

Edited by El Train

I complained about an inadequate exam to the patient advocate. The only remedy that was offered was a reexamination by the same doctor, take it or leave it! The second exam was scheduled two weeks out and gave me what I needed to be granted loss of use of one hand and one foot.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have had good luck with QTC.  I had real bad luck with VA doctors.  You just have to complain and roll the dice. I have had many inadequate exams at the VA.  I got to where I would just appeal the decision and get new evidence.  

On the above, I had just recently filed a claim for GERD, left shoulder increase, left shoulder increase, right shoulder sinusitis.

The last time I filled for shoulder and GERD was 2018. So I get a letter back stating that I used the wrong form. I should have done an HLR. What form was I suppose to use? I thought once the claim is closed with no appeal, then you file a new claim. The VA has really changed. 

Once you get a denial, you have three options depending on time since the denial; HLR (VA Form 996), Supplemental Claim (VA Form 995), or BVA (VA form 10182).  You cant use VA Form 526EZ on a denied condition no matter how long ago the denial was.