C&P exam help

Whodat

Question

Hello all of my brothers and sisters,

I recently have filed a claim. I have received an email for scheduling an appointment.

Here is the problem, it's with VES. There is only one VES in my town. He is a vet as well. I have had him in the past, I have reported him due to his job performance, I have a feeling that my upcoming appointments are with him. How do I go about getting someone else but him? I will not refuse an exam but I care not to see him.

I had a favorable exam for migraines but he came back and re diagnosed me with cluster which caused a denial.

3 answers to this question

You might be able to call them and request a different examiner.  The QTC clinic that does mine will bring in various examiners from different areas of the country.  I've had one Dr. a couple of times.  Luckily, he was a good dude.  

Is it possible the examiner doesn't know who complained?  Not that that's going to help if he's a Putz.  Last time I complained about an examiner, they had a different one redo the C&P.  Hopefully this is the case for you too.

If it helps, after I complained to the VARO about an examiner, they were very thorough, nice, and I had a positive C&P.

Edited by El Train (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I complained about an inadequate exam to the patient advocate. The only remedy that was offered was a reexamination by the same doctor, take it or leave it! The second exam was scheduled two weeks out and gave me what I needed to be granted loss of use of one hand and one foot.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have had good luck with QTC.  I had real bad luck with VA doctors.  You just have to complain and roll the dice. I have had many inadequate exams at the VA.  I got to where I would just appeal the decision and get new evidence.