VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Appeal was Granted for earlier effective date!!!

Rate this question

nyc-vet

Question

It’s been a loooong time since I last posted on hadit. I just wanted to share the news. I just checked the website and it said my appeal was granted. I’m so overjoyed. I’ve been fighting back and forth for many years botched va exams and ratings.

I was granted 60% for my skin condition but the date was wrong.  They gave me 60% dated 2012 but I first submitted an increase for my claim in 2007. From 2007 to 2012 I fought to go from 30 to 60 due to mistakes by the examiner and them totally overlooking evidence. Several exams later in 2012 they granted 60%

So when I got 60% in 2012, I appealed because it should have been 2007 due to botched examination error and finally this week got awarded 60% back to 2007. A 5 year retro. (2007-2012) Which put me at 100% effective 2007. Close to 70k retro. I haven’t got the letter but I see the pending payment and the new effective date. 

it’s been a long 16 years since my initial claim for increase. 16 years of physicals, photos, notices of disagreements, heart ache but most importantly hope and faith. Thank God. Fellow vets keep pushing until you get what you deserve especially when the evidence is so obvious. 

4 answers to this question