VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Important Topics - Please Review This Thread.

• Founder

link broke thanks for the heads up i fixed the link and here it is http://www.hadit.com/veterans_self_help_guide.html

Tbird,

Where is the self-help guide? I am no longer able to access it from the link at the bottom of this post. I read it before and would like to read it again but I can't find it on the site (and I used the Google search hadit.com tool as well as trying to get to it from your posted link).

Thanks,

ts

• 2 weeks later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

Good job Shane. I am rated for Cervicel Spine C3 thru C7, Diaphragm paralysis, with Pulmonary HTN to boot.

The VA will rate the nerves separately but with the Pulmonary HTN it is a separate 100 percent rating.

3. Respiratory (THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM)

(AMIE WORKSHEET: RESPIRATORY (OBS, REST)

(38 CFR 4.97 Schedule of ratings

• 3 weeks later...
  • HadIt.com Elder
link broke thanks for the heads up i fixed the link and here it is http://www.hadit.com/veterans_self_help_guide.html

This is a wonderful site about the inner workings of the VA. I think it helps to know.

On the opposite side, the veterans side, I would like to mention my website. It is a site designed to help veterans, veterans' dependents and those helping veterans to research, organize and assemble their va claims. It is free with absolutely no hidden agenda. If a claim/appeal is organized with as much mentioned for proofs it has to help everyone, va or vet rep or vet. It describes in step-by-step detail how to actually create a written attachment as well as getting info that might help the claim/appeal. It is addressed from a secretary's organizational viewpoint.

The site is www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com

Good luck and God Bless. Thank you for protecting me and mine.

Thank you TBIRD for giving me permission to post info about my site here. B)

• HadIt.com Elder

There is no specific test done by the VA concerning A.O. or other HAZMAT exposure.

The "A.O. exam" is really nothing more than a general medical examination with lab tests. It might or might not show the effects of HAZMAT exposure, depending upon what chemicals and substances were involved.

In general, a large number of Vietnam era sailors were likely exposed to some form of HAZMAT, with unknown and largely unprovable exposure. Many were sent to the far east via the T.I. Navy base, as I was in 1967. The fire fighting training was likely the largest source of HAZMAT exposure, and "working parties" sent to Hunter's point were another. Old WWII barracks were full of asbestos, and the area was contaminated by decades of use as a Navy base.

Hello, I was stationed at T.Island in the early 70's. I read the reports. Are they <VA> testing us for problems due to exposer. Should I be calling a Dept. to report mt T.I. duty?

THANKS for the info

Tinman

Edited by Chuck75