Hypertension (high Blood Pressure) Va Ratings

1 post in this topic

I took the liberty to put up the VA ratings for HTN (Hypertension aka High Blood Pressure). This might help some people with questions. I think if you take all your readings from the past and present and put into a spreadsheet with dates and places then take an average of all the readings. If it falls into these categories, then that can help substantiate your claim, but this is just my opinion, so don't go crazy if your case is different.

7101 Hypertensive vascular disease (hypertension and isolated systolic

Diastolic pressure predominantly 130 or more............................................................. 60

Diastolic pressure predominantly 120 or more............................................................. 40

Diastolic pressure predominantly 110 or more, or; systolic pressure

predominantly 200 or more............................................................................

....... 20

Diastolic pressure predominantly 100 or more, or; systolic pressure

predominantly 160 or more, or; minimum evaluation for an

individual with a history of diastolic pressure predominantly 100

or more who requires continuous medication for control......................................... 10

Note 1: Hypertension or isolated systolic hypertension must be confirmed by readings taken two or more times on at least three different days. For purposes of this section, the term hypertension means that the diastolic blood pressure is predominantly 90mm. or greater, and isolated systolic hypertension means that the systolic blood pressure is predominantly 160mm. or greater with a diastolic blood pressure of less than 90mm.

Note 2: Evaluate hypertension due to aortic insufficiency or hyperthyroidism, which is usually the isolated systolic type, as part of the condition causing it rather than by a separate evaluation.

Note 3: Evaluate hypertension separately from hypertensive heart disease and other types of heart disease.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Sax. you just got the Docket Number, what do you need to lookup? You've got at least another Year or so, depending on what type of BVA Hearing you chose. Did you opt for the RO Video Hearing? A friend just had his BVA Video Hearing 08/16 from a DRO Review Denial in 2013. His VSO at the RO was notified by the BVA about 2 weeks before the Video Hearing was to take place. He nor his VSO were ever notified regarding a Docket Number being assigned. Take a look at the BVA Decisions for 2016, how old are the Docket Numbers? Unless you qualify for an Advancement due to Homelessness, age or immanent Death, your in for at least another year or so. Or Maybe Not, who really knows? Semper Fi Semper Fi
    • Rocket, I doubt things are that much different on the LEFT Coast, at least VA Voc Rehab/IL wise. Do you have the same Voc Reh Councilor for your IL, as you had for the Voc Rehab Determination? Your Claim for Voc Rehab is still considered open, you've just been moved into the IL Program. Back in 12, I applied for Voc Rehab, after a couple months of being unable to find anything, the VA Councilor wanted to close my claim due to non movement. He said at the time, he could provide me with a Voc Rehab Denial Letter, but it carried certain consequences. He didn't elaborate on the consequences, I agreed to close my claim with the understanding I could reapply in the future. Not getting the "Denial Letter" right then, was a big mistake. A yr later I realized my error, reapplied and saw a different Councilor. Explained to her that nothing had really changed, just needed the "Denial Letter." She reviewed my File, wrote the letter the same day. Talk to your Voc Rehab Councilor, you may have to close out your IL Claim (it can reopened immediately) in order to get the More Important "Denial Letter." Semper Fi
    • Hi all, I just got my docket number and wanted to know how do I look it up at the BVA?  docket # 1542737  Thanks!
    • my husbands ebenefits is similiar .  He had a claim show up, I'm assuming the va did it cause we got a call from Lockheed Martin for a re exam for his cads, which he is 60 percent temporary.  When  we click on claim status for it , shows still open.  When we click on historical claims it shows a claim opened on 9/16/2016 and closed 9/20/2016. Authorization review.  Any ideas?
    • This is correct, as James said, if within one year after death.    "The effective date of retro upon the favorable DIC grant would be dependent upon whether she applied for accrued benefits or actually signed on as a claimant substitute. " I read over everything again here--- quite a bit and Yes Page did apply for accrued and substituted herself as the claimant. But as far as I know there were no accrued benefits payable. I get the point that if a vet dies due to a SC, they obviously should be 100% at death DUE to the SC.  But I had support a claim for 100% SC under the 1151 claim.( SMC CUE award 2012) For the DMII AO direct SC death due to diabetes mellitus contributing award,(2009) the VA never rated the DMII at all because it had been so poorly malpractice on. My Vet reps never even heard of the REPS program -Restored Entitlement--- and REPS paid me about 20 thousand. The REPS program is available here under a search. It has always been part of the DIC application....usually the last page.  For their more recent 2010 AO IHD contributing to dead award they awarded 30% under direct SC for 6 years and never mentioned this was also an 1151 issue. I think James and I are looking at this logically but VA does not have the word logic in any reg or M21-1MR...nor are they required to use common sense. ...I just caught your recent post James. "but the explanation by the VSO about the lack of  medical and educational benefits for the son just do not make any sense at all." Many if not MOST VSOs dont have a clue on DIC and the ancillary benefits. They dont get as many claims from survivors as from veterans themselves, but they had the same training program I took from NVLSP (although I never went to the seminars they did) so they should know or at least take the time to check the DIC regulations before they attempt to help survivors.