VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My 15 Year Old Daughter Had A Baby

Rate this question

killemall

Question

You are not a failure..... you care enough to want the best for both of them.

While your daughter is still very young, I bet that you can show her the advantage of an adoption for the next few years....leaving open the option that she can adopt him back when ready.

At this point, an extra Dependant increases your comp by a $100+ and there's no retro involved so give some thought to the adoption move, could be expensive and difficult to reverse. Might even have unintended emotional consequences for both your daughter and your grandson in years to come. As it , as of this moment, both qualify as your Dependants for IRS Tax purposes and the boy should be covered by Medicaid. At 15, your daughter has to be still in school and your GS needs day care, right. You would get more from your state as the care provider than the monthly Dependant comp increase, check it out.

I think you need to do your due diligence in regards to every legal step you take forward. For every action taken, there will be some sort of reaction, now or in the future. As for VA Comp, you may end up only being able to add your grandson if you actually adopt him as mentioned above and if that turns out to be the best LONG TERM move, so be it. Just be absolutely certain that it is the best move for both your daughter and grandson, thats why I think you need to discuss every legal move with a knowledgeable Lawyer.

So far, nothing mentioned about the Sperm Donor. Pre-1970, 2 15 year olds getting pregnant would have been bad in the eyes of society and labeled, 2 dumb kids. Can't really say that today, considering all the out of wedlock births. But, the age of the BOY would be at the top of my lists. Willing or unwilling, it's going to cost somebody in excess of $200K to raise your GS to age 18.

Semper Fi

Gastone

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Gastone, makes sense what he mention about the $$

I recommend Also do what is best for your Daughter & New Grandbaby, as for as what other people think don't worry about it what is done is done....I always told my kids just learn from your mistakes and go forward & never give up.

Just Go forward and enjoy/love that new Grandbaby....there nothing better than that.

Things have a way working them self's out for the better.

..........................Buck

Killemall, you are doing a great job, my 16 year old sister just married a 25 yr old, and she is a junior. My father was upset, but at the end of the day we can only do so much for our children. I have two small daughters and I worry about them, but just have to see the game of life, and wait for the results. You are a great father for excepting her mistake and loving that grand baby. Good luck and God bless