VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed FDC on 1/12/16 - Have TWO C&P exams scheduled!

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

So I just got a FedEx envelope with my C&P exams.  One is for my L ankle synovitis increase and my other C&P exam is for my PTSD increase.  Both are scheduled for February 4th, 2016.  Pretty excited I got them so quickly.  I just filed my FDC on 1/12/16 but I think a lot of "fast tracking" is going on with my situations.

I put my FDC in originally for my 100% temporary convalescence, increase for L ankle synovitis, and PTSD.  

Going to have to get a lot prepared coming up next month!  I have these two C&P exams (QTC) and I have my NOD (DRO Hearing) next month as well!  Should be an interesting month.

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hope its all good for ya Navey4life...Hope you get all you ask for and you will be finished with all this.

I wish ya the Best Girl.

...............Buck

Just now, Buck52 said:

Hope its all good for ya Navey4life...Hope you get all you ask for and you will be finished with all this.

I wish ya the Best Girl.

...............Buck

Me too Buck!  Long time coming and now it seems like there is a light at the end of the tunnel...

In short, I was stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC in 1983 and may have been exposed to the water contamination.  In November 2015, I filed my Disability Claim (intent) and informed my DAV I want to submit a “Fully Developed Claim” (given a yr. to submit complete appl.).  I have collected all of my medical records  but experiencing a big challenge of getting a medical opinion (nexus) from any doctor. 

Since my discharge in 1985, I begin to experience hypertension, gastroesophageal reflux disease, sleep apnea, small skin discoloration, skin disease (assumed it is Chloracne) and possible testicular atrophy, a few years after my discharge in 1985.  Over the yrs., HBP, GERD, IBS, severe glaucoma, fatigue, headaches, incoordination , chronic fatigue, sleepiness, lack of concentration, tension, dizziness, nausea, and unconsciousness, has been logged in mostly private medical records and a few with the VA. 

My medical records show entries of visits related to hypertension, development of diastolic dysfunction, lipoma surgery, gastroesophageal, sleep apnea, small vitiligo (skin discoloration), and severe acne (Chloracne) that will not go away.  For the VA, they are aware of my heart disease, GERD, severe glaucoma, severe skin acne (accutant treatment in 1989) and neurological issues (fatigue, headaches, incoordination, chronic fatigue, sleepiness, lack of concentration, tension, dizziness, nausea, and unconsciousness).  VA performed an echocardiogram and confirmed I had diastolic dysfunction.  Also VA send me to a private Sleep Center and it was confirmed I have Obstructive Sleep Apnea and I use a CPAP now.  They also refer me for Brain MRI and the results showed white lesions and maybe early stages of MS or vasculitis.  Because of this, I had Cervical Spine MRI that showed no white lesions.  My VA primary doctor said that based on the recent tests there is no MS.  Still I experienced severe headaches, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, etc.

My private doc will not fill out the disability questionnaire because he said he is “only a family doctor and I need opinion from a specialized professional.”  In a way, I understand his position.  Also, I had a follow-up with a private Sleep Doctor and he gladly filled out the VA Disability Claim Questionnaire that I have a chronic sleep disorder but will not do a nexus opinion or letter to connect the sleep apnea to the water contamination. 

These are my questions to my long introduction. Because I have run into roadblocks, I want to seek another private sleep doctor (sleep apnea), neurologist (severe headaches, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, etc.), cardiologist (hypertension heart disease, diastolic dysfunction and left ventricle block), dermatologist (possible Chloracne) and gastroenterologist (GERD) to review my medical records and see if they will support me with a nexus opinion. 

For FDC, in addition to getting all medical records, is it necessary to have the medical opinion or nexus support or does the VA confirm the disabilities with C & P Exams.  I am trying to stay away from the traditional VA disability process and stay within the FDC process.  Should I continue to pursue medical opinions from private sources like Independent Medical opinions.  But is it worth it?  But I am hesitant because private doctors seem to stay away from providing a nexus opinion.  Or should I try the VA doctors to see if they can support me with a nexus opinion on my neurological, skin, heart, GERD, and sleep apnea?  Or a last costly option, explore private doctors who perform disability assessment, like those who perform Social Security Disability assessment. 

Can someone provide some guidance, direction, advice, or whatever to help me?  Thank you.