VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Good Evidence Or No?

Rate this question

scout1069

Question

I received 2 letters from Voc-Rehab today. 1st letter: I stopped action on your claim because it appears employment is not feasible and you do not need independent living services. We reviewed your record and determined your employment abilities along with intensive medical treatment do not make it practical for employment. 2nd letter: As your vocational rehabilitation counselor, I have made a determination that it is not feasible for you to benefit from a program designed to return you to gainful employment or receipt of independent living services. And it goes on to say, "Because I am denying you participation in a return-to-work program, I am required to provide you with your appellate rights. So is this good evidence to appeal my TDIU denial and SSDI denial? Or do I need more?

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think that it was my VocRehab couselor saying I was infeasible that tipped the balance for me getting IU. I also think I was able to get P&T because of it too. Make sure you get this information to your VSO asap. Good luck.

/doc

Yes, I did that last week and yesterday I got a call from my Voc- Rehab counselor saying there will be someone coming by my home to further assess my situation. Does this mean I still have a chance at TDIU or no? I feel like the VA is messing with me on this now.

I think that it was my VocRehab couselor saying I was infeasible that tipped the balance for me getting IU. I also think I was able to get P&T because of it too. Make sure you get this information to your VSO asap. Good luck.

/doc

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, you have a chance for sure. Hide the exercise bike and if the house is a mess all the better. The worse you appear the better off you are for purpose of IU and voc rehab. Meet the couselor in your bathrobe and flip flops. I am kidding, but not that much. I used a negative Voc Rehab report in my IU claim as well. St. Pete is tough. I use them and they are looking for reasons to say "NO" so don't give them a reason. You want to appeal helpless and disorganized. You may have a chance at some sort of extra care of assistance if you appear to be a basket case. We are talking about appearances and I am not trying to insult you. You don't want to be in the yard digging up weeds when the VA shows up.

I'm not insulted by that, but what kind of assistance do they try to offer someone with PTSD, a history of violence towards others, and is medicated to the point of confusion, sleepiness, etc.? My house isn't messy because it is taken care of by others that live here as well. I already have a 2 good dogs that help me with my emotional issues. I'm in an outpatient treatment at The JAX clinic and Gainesville VAMC. I'm also looking into an 8 week program for this stuff, but I have to apply for it. So what else can they do? Thanks for all replies, by the way. You guys are a big help.

Yes, you have a chance for sure. Hide the exercise bike and if the house is a mess all the better. The worse you appear the better off you are for purpose of IU and voc rehab. Meet the couselor in your bathrobe and flip flops. I am kidding, but not that much. I used a negative Voc Rehab report in my IU claim as well. St. Pete is tough. I use them and they are looking for reasons to say "NO" so don't give them a reason. You want to appeal helpless and disorganized. You may have a chance at some sort of extra care of assistance if you appear to be a basket case. We are talking about appearances and I am not trying to insult you. You don't want to be in the yard digging up weeds when the VA shows up.

Okay it's been a couple of weeks now and I haven't heard anything from this "contractor" that is supposed to be doing my in home assessment for the ILS. I called my counselor and left a message and he hasn't called back. Does anyone know how long this should take?

I'm not insulted by that, but what kind of assistance do they try to offer someone with PTSD, a history of violence towards others, and is medicated to the point of confusion, sleepiness, etc.? My house isn't messy because it is taken care of by others that live here as well. I already have a 2 good dogs that help me with my emotional issues. I'm in an outpatient treatment at The JAX clinic and Gainesville VAMC. I'm also looking into an 8 week program for this stuff, but I have to apply for it. So what else can they do? Thanks for all replies, by the way. You guys are a big help.