VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Irregular heartbeat

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Do you already have an SC Heart issue?

Are you on Meds or are they talking about a Pacemaker?

If you currently have a Heart SC, is there anything in the 38 CFR 4 Ratings for your specific SC that would qualify for a "Bump-up," based solely on the DX of an "Irregular Heartbeat" or Pacemaker being implanted?

• HadIt.com Elder

This might help you Hamslice?

Code 7011: Sustained ventricular arrhythmias are abnormal heart rhythms, most commonly too fast, that are located in the heart’s two lower chambers. These rhythms can come and go and are usually treated with medication or electric therapy. This condition receives the 100% rating the entire time it is being treated in the hospital or the entire time an implantable defibrillator is in place. If a pacemaker is implanted, then it is rated under code 7018.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am assuming your S.C. for  heart condition?

I am rated 0% for high blood pressure since when I got out in 2008.  Evidence was a Line of Duty from 2004 while on active duty.

I am rated 30% for LVH (left ventricular hypertrophy) secondary to my SC'd high blood pressure since 2016.  Evidence was by x-ray.  I did have a nuclear stress test at that time also and the VA has that.

I did also claim "tricuspid regurgitation" as that was found during the testing, but that was denied by the VA.

In the last two years, and especially at my last appointment, I have been told that I have an ectopic heartbeat.  Mini beats between the normal beats with a skipped beat here and there.  Both doctor and cardiologist tell me its no big deal. I had never been told that in all of my many years of service and civilian appts until said, two years ago.  I know it can be caused by stress and by medications.  I would like to link it to "heat stroke" or "heat exhaustion" as that is what I was medivaced in Iraq for.

Not sure if that would be seperate or combined with the heart disease, etc., but never hurts to add ammo to ones folder.

Anyway, I am putting my next round of claims together and was wondering whether to throw that in on it with the others.  I don't think it can hurt me as my LVH can not get better, so that rating is safe.

FWIW,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

I say yeah throw it in...let the VA figure it out  as they do anyway.

Sounds like you have enough medical evidence.

if something happens with it at least you will be S.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hamslice keep all information pertaining to your heart. It will get worse over time.. The Tricuspid Valve Regurgatation is worrisome..  Pay special attention to future diagnosis of conditions like Atrial Fibrulation or any other arrythmias. 

Also keep in mind all these test are just guesses and the only real test is a cradiac catherization.