Types Of Veterans

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

Lets see we have

OEF Vets

OIF Vets

GWOT (Global War on Terrorism)Vets

Plane old vets like me, even though I served 28 years and served during OEF, OIF, GWOT............................................

This is gettin maddening!

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I served 25 years, 6 Army 19 Air Force.

Viet Nam 70-71

Gulf War Shield and Storm.

Allied Force

The Hatti Conflict.

Corbra Gold Thiland.

I retired in 2000, I enjoyed every day of my service to my country, and miss

serving. Thanks to all of you and your famlies.

mrstix

Generally the VA describes non-combat veterans as "era" veterans. Such as Mr Smith is a Gulf War era veteran... instead of saying Mr. Smith is a Gulf War veteran...

It really makes little difference personally to me, we all signed up and COULD have been sent into harms way. I was in Desert shield, and Desert Storm, but I am no hero, since ducking under desks in MOPP gear every time they sounded an alert and having a few scuds shot generally into our area doesn't qualify me as a war veteran in my own opinion...

In my opinion a war veteran is someone who was directly involved in combat. I wasn't.. so even though they dont add the "era", I dont believe that I am a combat vet... even though I was allowed to wear the right shoulder patch, I didn't.

So... again that stuffs just my opinion. The VA normally uses "era" to seperate us bean counters from combat soldiers...

not that bean counters arent important too...

Bob Smith

Served 25 years in the best service - United States Army :angry: I have to admit I spent many years with the Marines doing real world force protection in SE Asia - loved every min of it as the Marines sure do know how to party in "other" lands hahahahahahahaha.

Six - I went to beautiful world of Iraq, Kuwait and Saudi and served in Strom and Shield - They call me a Gulf War ear veteran. What's up with that ????? Hell I don't care for no matter where you served or how you served you still signed up and protected the greatest country on this earth so you b a veteran in my book!!!!!!!

Edited by Ricky

All of you are the reason why I joined the military. I am what you call and my words a baby vet. I join in 1995 right out of high school and I join because deep in my heart I knew I would be an excellent soldier unfortunately I did not get to be a soldier very long but I will say the being in the Army was the GREATEST EXPERIENCE OF MY YOUNG LIFE and I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD

I THANK ALL OF YOU FOR BEING AND INSPIRATION TO A LITTLE BLACK GIRL FROM THE GHETTOS OF WASHINGTON D.C.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND ALL VETS FROM THE BEGINING UNTIL..........

• HadIt.com Elder

I served during an era when we had clost to 600 ships in the Navy. That was the glory days. Our Boats chased Russian Subs all over the Pacific.

Then the wall fell, The Boats were cut in two, The Tender is in 10,0000 feet of water off of the North Carolina Coast.

I guess you can say I am a Cold War Vet.

If I could turn the clock back I would do it again.

John

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Got to join year after vietnam "finished" and worked until retirement. Ups and downs being a career military woman, post Vietnam, Gulf War 'era' vet, even Grenada is mentioned somewhere. Worked with the best and worst of people, all duty shifts (internal sleeping clock still a mess), in all conditions from over 100 temperature to -85 brr, food and housing similar. Started our wearing a felt bowl beret, peg leg side zip pants with no elastic or give, pale blue cotton blouse (sheer, flat little lady like oxfords that needed nightly polishing and finished up in wrinkly no iron camoflauge fatigues and zip up no polish boots. I stop to talk to hat wearing veterans, often a WWII veteran, man or woman that has a story that needs to be heard and acknowledged. Sometimes I mention my service, sometimes I dont and just listen....because we just know one another without words. God bless all service members and their families, cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!