VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100 P&t And Ssdi For Same Conditions

Rate this question

coconutvee

Question

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

COCO, push as hard as you can to get your SSD. Long term disability claims usually last for 2 years then the Person is cancelled because they change their requirements. LTD companies are crooks.

Edited by jbasser

I have a question for all of you. The VA has a file on me for all my conditions bigger than a two phone books. Other than my award letter should I get a copy of this file to the Social Security when I submit for SSDI? Will the VA give me a copy of my enire medical records? Thanks for all the help.

You walk into the VA go to the records department and request a full copy of your medical records. I do that yearly. If you have not gotten a copy in a long time, just tell them to mail it. You sign off authorizing them to make a copy to send to you. It took me like 7 days this past January to receive my update in the mail. They have to provide this to each and every Veteran.

I went to the Mental Eval. It only took 30 minutes, but the Doctor did not seem to care and even seemed to be bothered that she had to do work. She went out her way to inform me that most SSDI cases do not get approved the first time. I do not feel good about this appointment.

Man do not give up. When I received my 100% I went right down to the local SS office, after filing out their entire forms, and turned them in. My backup was from my VA doctor and within 60 days got approval. Maybe like the VA the SS department people work differently throughout the country. Glad I live in NYC that is for sure.

but that my mental treatment was over two years old
And why is this? If you were diagnosed by your VA shrink for mental issues, then you should be going to see him periodically, and possibly to a group. I hate to say it but if you are not being constantly seem by your PC and or shrink, this could cause you to wind up with lower disability percentages, especailly if not seem in 2 years. Remember the VA is looking to cut and cut, where are they going to cut from, those who do not follow up on appointments, are not seeing a doctor of any kind and not renewing their meds. It's an honest fact. Oh and also the unemployabily is also being looked at closely, not attempting to scare anyone, it is just a fact, sadly they need to cut.

My condition has gotten worse again. I just got over another pnuemonia and very severe rash. I sent all the records, progress notes, etc. from the VA Hospital to the DDS. They call me back asking me about my pain level and range of motions. They then inform me that they need to send me to another doctor to get examined. Four months ago they should have done this! I went of on the lady. I asked her why the VA medical notes that already have covered this is not good enough? No answer. I asked her that if she thinks that I'm trying to leave a $30 an hour job thatI have had for the last 8 years to get what $1400 a month for SSDI? No answer. I told her to do whatever the hell she wanted to do. I hope that the person that she loves the most has to go through what I'm dealing with everyday. To hell with Social Security.

I went today to see a DDS doctor. They did a very through interview for over an hour. They drew blood, did chest xrays, pulmonary testing and went over all my medications and side effects. The doctor wrote down everything that I said was an issue with me. She said that it will take around 4 to 6 weeks for to get an answer. It did seem like she was trying to help me and was even Sympathic about my health and family situation. So should I take this as a positive sign? Also the case worker at DDS said that she setup the appointment to try to help my case. She felt that they did not have enough current info and my case most likely would have got denied.