VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100 P&t And Ssdi For Same Conditions

Rate this question

coconutvee

Question

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Coco:

Its a good thing cause you will probably be approved after the exam. In all the years that I have been on this Board I have only seen one person who got SS Disability without an exam and they had current C&P exams.

SS usually makes you see at least one of their Doctor's and sometimes 2.

Good Luck

I went to the Mental Eval. It only took 30 minutes, but the Doctor did not seem to care and even seemed to be bothered that she had to do work. She went out her way to inform me that most SSDI cases do not get approved the first time. I do not feel good about this appointment. My Long term disability got approved at least. I do not feel confident in the Social Security. I'm going to say the hell with it. I do not have the energy to fight these people to get my benefits. This system is not fair or just. When people are the most vulnerable they should get the help they need. I'll try to make ends meet with my VA disability. Thanks for all your help anyhow.

Coco, don't give up so easily. If you're willing to write it off altogether, why don't you just hire an attorney and let them do the fighting for you, that's what they get their 20% for. We found the biggest hassle is the initial application paperwork. If you've already done that, hire an attorney, and then let it go (mentally, I mean, not literally). Again, if you're willing to forego the whole deal, you've got nothing to lose anyway.

I went to the Mental Eval. It only took 30 minutes, but the Doctor did not seem to care and even seemed to be bothered that she had to do work. She went out her way to inform me that most SSDI cases do not get approved the first time. I do not feel good about this appointment. My Long term disability got approved at least. I do not feel confident in the Social Security. I'm going to say the hell with it. I do not have the energy to fight these people to get my benefits. This system is not fair or just. When people are the most vulnerable they should get the help they need. I'll try to make ends meet with my VA disability. Thanks for all your help anyhow.
Please do not give up. I have been awarded ssdi after 2 denials and an alj hearing. I first applied in jan 2002 and after 5 years now have the benefit. I hired a sound social security lawyer by contacting the state legal bar association and requested help finding the lawyer. All you need to do is show up for the scheduled exams and appeal any unfavorable decision being sure to follow the appeal deadline dates. stay strong.

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe there are two? SSA accepted my medical records and IMOs that were gathered originally for the VA. The medial history was complete enough (I guess) that they did not order an exam. I did see requests for medical information that went to my various doctors and the VA from SSA. I appealed the effective date after the first determination, citing dates on the medical records they already had, and the appeal was successful as well. the total change was about 500 a month, and about 18k in retro. Still waiting for the accounting letter for the retro.

Coco:

Its a good thing cause you will probably be approved after the exam. In all the years that I have been on this Board I have only seen one person who got SS Disability without an exam and they had current C&P exams.

SS usually makes you see at least one of their Doctor's and sometimes 2.

Good Luck