• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trazadone

Rate this topic

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda,

PTSD'er here, I spent a few years on Traz all they did was keep uping the doseage.

What works for me:

Clonazepam 0.5

Quetiapine (Seroquel) 200MG

Remeron (Mirtazapine) 90MG

Good luck,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• Founder

i had trouble with disorentation while taking trazedone and stopped it for that reason. it was very noticeable for me i am now on 100mgs of doxepin though some nights i don't take it for fear i won't hear someone breaking in, working on that. i have bouts of nightmares like many here, i'm having a lock put on my bedroom door this week or next which should i hope let me sleep a bit sounder, i'm also trying an audiobook called deep sleep and i also find an album of tibetan monks chanting to be relaxing. sleep is very important, if you find something that works for you take it i say, sometimes i go days without sleep and that is no good for me by the third day i start to sound like joe pesci in the lethal weapons movies ;)

my sister came in unannounced the other day and she stood in the living room watching her car to make sure her headlights went out, i crept into the living room with knives ready, took me several hours to come down from that and reminded by sister she must call out when coming in, she said who else would it be and i layed out several scenarios for her she still thought i was nuts and so it goes.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

i had trouble with disorentation while taking trazedone and stopped it for that reason. it was very noticeable for me i am now on 100mgs of doxepin though some nights i don't take it for fear i won't hear someone breaking in, working on that. i have bouts of nightmares like many here, i'm having a lock put on my bedroom door this week or next which should i hope let me sleep a bit sounder, i'm also trying an audiobook called deep sleep and i also find an album of tibetan monks chanting to be relaxing. sleep is very important, if you find something that works for you take it i say, sometimes i go days without sleep and that is no good for me by the third day i start to sound like joe pesci in the lethal weapons movies ;)

my sister came in unannounced the other day and she stood in the living room watching her car to make sure her headlights went out, i crept into the living room with knives ready, took me several hours to come down from that and reminded by sister she must call out when coming in, she said who else would it be and i layed out several scenarios for her she still thought i was nuts and so it goes.

I have been trying to explain this subject to my wife for quiet awhile. She goes out and don't lock the door at night. We get ready to go bed and I check the doors, yep sure nuf, it's unlocked. I told her I was going to start giving out pink slips for that. She comes in early from work and walks in the office where I'm sitting at my desk I'm thinking no one is anywhere around. As soon as I catch a glimpse of someone or hear something, I almost run through the wall. She is getting better about giving me notification. After one of those it takes me awhile to readjust my heart rythum and to chill.

Danang_1969

They had me on Traz and I think ot worked for a week or so and that was it. They then had me try it with common Diphenhyrramine (benadryl0 (Sp) which did nothing. So I am on the generic ambien 10 mg. Name brand is 12.5 mg I believe.

This has worked better, but I still cn't remember the last time I slept over 5 - 6 hrs. I also take seroquel 200 mg like, someone else posted. THis med is good for sleeping and depression and probally other uses.

Liek others have said, do not drive in the AM until you know how your body will react to the med.

The key is to keep at it to you get the right med & doasage for your needs.

Good luck.

• Founder
I have been trying to explain this subject to my wife for quiet awhile. She goes out and don't lock the door at night. We get ready to go bed and I check the doors, yep sure nuf, it's unlocked. I told her I was going to start giving out pink slips for that. She comes in early from work and walks in the office where I'm sitting at my desk I'm thinking no one is anywhere around. As soon as I catch a glimpse of someone or hear something, I almost run through the wall. She is getting better about giving me notification. After one of those it takes me awhile to readjust my heart rythum and to chill.

Danang_1969

danang me too, sometimes i get what feels like the shakes but internally, if someone leaves the door unlocked and i find it the next morning then it's a whole day of checking doors, closets, windows, showers, and then double checking layioung scenarios in my head, it's just what i do, i can control it better than i use to so that's an upside. maybe you could rig a buzzer at the door and hang her keys over it perhapss she could buzz to let you know she is going in or out. though i doubt if you will go for it. my alarm system is setup up to tell me which door or window is open when it opens big benefit for me.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.