Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Refusing Tdiu

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I know you have to have at least one rate of 60% and a minimum combind of 70% but if you file for an increase is there a possibility the VA might say heck he has all this going on lets just make him TDIU?

I really do not want to quit my job and feel I would go batty without working at this stage of my life but my condition is getting worse and my working is obviously contributing to it. Oh well starting to babble. Please let me know what all you guys/girls think.

Good luck with your claims!

Stillhere

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Stillhere,

I feel the same as you, do not want to quit working just fulltime, maybe 15 to 25 hours a week. Think my body would lock up if I stopped...lol almost does now ;)

Boats

• HadIt.com Elder

If you qualify for 100 percent schedular, you can still work.

If not, you still gety paid at the 70 percent rate. Be advised to take into consideration of the difference of the rate. The extra 1200 per month plus the SSD you can draw if the VA finds IU.

No is it worth continuing working. Do you have a hobby you like to do that you can focus on?

I would take all of these in consideration.

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

The thing is that the money you get for IU is probably more than you will ever get for a pension or SSA. If I could have still worked I probably would have continue to work in lieu of TDIU. I was 70% and I had to fight for IU. They don't just hand it out unless you demonstrate you are not working due solely to the SC disability.

• HadIt.com Elder

What you really need to take into consideration is simply this:

If you are LUCKY enough to be rated TDIU at this time, even though you feel that you can continue working, what will happen if you "decline" TDIU now, and then need it later?

Do you REALLY, after having read some of the horror stories right here on hadit.com, do you REALLY want to have to roll the dice later on.........HOPING to be able, at that time, to receive TDIU.

I'm a gambler. I'll play poker with ya, all night long........as long as there is a chance of me winning.

WHEN I win, you can tell I'm gone by the dust cloud I'll leave behind.

'Cause I'm not gonna hand you back your money, just so I can have ANOTHER shot at ya, next Saturday night.

"but my condition is getting worse and my working is obviously contributing to it."

I hope I've got it down to the nut-cuttin?

What you really need to take into consideration is simply this:

If you are LUCKY enough to be rated TDIU at this time, even though you feel that you can continue working, what will happen if you "decline" TDIU now, and then need it later?

Do you REALLY, after having read some of the horror stories right here on hadit.com, do you REALLY want to have to roll the dice later on.........HOPING to be able, at that time, to receive TDIU.

I'm a gambler. I'll play poker with ya, all night long........as long as there is a chance of me winning.

WHEN I win, you can tell I'm gone by the dust cloud I'll leave behind.

'Cause I'm not gonna hand you back your money, just so I can have ANOTHER shot at ya, next Saturday night.

"but my condition is getting worse and my working is obviously contributing to it."

I hope I've got it down to the nut-cuttin?

Well said and your point is taken.

Stillhere