VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Who Else Has A Claim With Appeals Management Center?

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well, the good news was that Glenn at the AMC called my husband back. The bad news was that he could only tell my husband the whereabouts of the claims file, which we already knew had been sent to the Board from the AMC, due to a pending Court remand. He would not or could not tell us anything more. The AMC has had the file for over two years. What we had asked in our initial email to Mike Walcoff was what had been done during those two years, just prior to the time the Board asked for the claims file back. No one will tell us anything. There's been movement, but no one wants to tell us what kind of movement there was, prior to September 2007, when the Board received the file back so it could resolve the Court-directed remand.

We've written to the Board to ask that it send the claims file back to the AMC when the Board is finished doing its thing, and not send it to the VARO. We have a remand pending at the AMC that the Board sent back to the VARO three times before going to the AMC the third time, instead. Come March 2008, that particular remand will be seven years old, and the VARO here in Louisiana never lifted a finger from March 2001 through October 2005, so now the AMC has it for two years, and still hasn't resolved it. When my husband mentioned that to Glenn, the response he got was, "The AMC hasn't been in existence for seven years." My husband responded that it really didn't matter how old the AMC is, the point was the remand will soon be seven years old. Totally useless conversation, and this guy is supposedly a supervisor.

• HadIt.com Elder
Well, the good news was that Glenn at the AMC called my husband back. The bad news was that he could only tell my husband the whereabouts of the claims file, which we already knew had been sent to the Board from the AMC, due to a pending Court remand. He would not or could not tell us anything more. The AMC has had the file for over two years. What we had asked in our initial email to Mike Walcoff was what had been done during those two years, just prior to the time the Board asked for the claims file back. No one will tell us anything. There's been movement, but no one wants to tell us what kind of movement there was, prior to September 2007, when the Board received the file back so it could resolve the Court-directed remand.

We've written to the Board to ask that it send the claims file back to the AMC when the Board is finished doing its thing, and not send it to the VARO. We have a remand pending at the AMC that the Board sent back to the VARO three times before going to the AMC the third time, instead. Come March 2008, that particular remand will be seven years old, and the VARO here in Louisiana never lifted a finger from March 2001 through October 2005, so now the AMC has it for two years, and still hasn't resolved it. When my husband mentioned that to Glenn, the response he got was, "The AMC hasn't been in existence for seven years." My husband responded that it really didn't matter how old the AMC is, the point was the remand will soon be seven years old. Totally useless conversation, and this guy is supposedly a supervisor.

Vicki,

I am so sorry. You might try contacting Ms. Moye at Honorable Daniel Coopers' Office, as he is the Under Secretary of Veterans Benefits.

I personally like to talk to her. Here is her private number, if you would like to give her a try.

Ms. Moye 1-202-273-5674.

Here is another number

BVA Director of Claims - 1-202-565-6393

Betty

Ok so I talk to James at AMC today and he says that a decision hass been made on my claim and it has been sent to post and determination (not assigned yet though). He then says that my POA (the DAV) will probably want to review it but that was all I could get from him. So a couple of hours later I called back and talked to Gwen. She then tells me that this process will take "A WHILE". I asked her what her definition of "a while" was and I couldn't tell if she said month or months. Anyone got ideas on how long this could take and what POA may want to look over this could mean? I have a bad feeling about that last part.

Ok so I talk to James at AMC today and he says that a decision hass been made on my claim and it has been sent to post and determination (not assigned yet though). He then says that my POA (the DAV) will probably want to review it but that was all I could get from him. So a couple of hours later I called back and talked to Gwen. She then tells me that this process will take "A WHILE". I asked her what her definition of "a while" was and I couldn't tell if she said month or months. Anyone got ideas on how long this could take and what POA may want to look over this could mean? I have a bad feeling about that last part.

James is one of the better 800# answerers. I would believe what he tells you. I am unfamiliar with Gwen. I was once told that a decision letter could take as long as two weeks to two months.

Once it has been assigned to a post determination team, you may be able to find out the basics of the decision from your POA. This is how I found out about my claim, I still do not have the determination letter tho. Does DAV have a rep at AMC?

As I understand it, having the POA review the decision is standard procedure, I would call the POA and ask them to call you when they receive it.

Happy Trails

Paul

• HadIt.com Elder

Deesulpwr,

As Paul said, James is one of the Best. I have a Sensitive 6 claims file and only those with security clearance can open the claim and this tells me that James has been around long enough to have earned this.

I bug James about every day and he laughs and we joke a lot.

I know the computers were down this morning, but were up this afternoon.

He knows what he is saying.

Give him a call tomorrow. I have never known James to become upset.

If he can handle this basket case of me, he can take about anything.

He is not young on the block. I am not saying he is ancient, but he is 50 years of age and most likely has learned to have some sympathy and empathy for vets.

He is another Lidel, and I think the world of him and was so pleased when he received his promotion.

Give it a try.

You can always call Michael Walcoff's office for info. They are very nice folks to speak to.

Here goes 1 - 202- 461- 9340.

Always,

Betty aka Josephine [/size

Ms. Moye 1-202-273-5674. VA Claims 202 565 6393 Are these numbers good to check on claims in the Baltimore,MD VARO? I did help Please Maurice