Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Im New, Have Some ?s...........

Rate this question

daisymae

Question

Can anyone help me find info on how many male 100% VA rated receive SSD?

Vs....how many women.

I am 100% VA/female(since '81) and have been again denied SSd.

I have attorney etc; he's had a judge rule favorably on the proceedural error (by the original judge)

which re-opened the file. Judges in CO sat on my file nearly a year; lawyer took it back to SS who just denied it again.

Lawyer will appeal.

1)-Im wanting to know if there is discrimination going on towards women vets.

2)-What is the norm for getting both VA and SSD?

I feel pretty dehumanized.

Thanks in advance for being here and any help you may be.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

requested my files in late june/07...oct. 1st nothing..request to Sen. Bill Nelson's/FLA. for assistance on the 2nd of Oct. got them Oct 11,2007..regards williamn

I highly doubt there is male/female discrimination going on there. One reason is that paper pushers are largely female, as there is a very high percentage of clerical positions going to female military personnel. I really dont see how they could get away with that, even if they tried, in an office consisting of many females.

• HadIt.com Elder
I highly doubt there is male/female discrimination going on there. One reason is that paper pushers are largely female, as there is a very high percentage of clerical positions going to female military personnel. I really dont see how they could get away with that, even if they tried, in an office consisting of many females.

This is really not necessary. The VA screws almost all Veterans in some way or another. Contrary to the posters opinion my VA Claim experience has been entirely with men. Not that it matters. There is enough for people to worry about without throwing up suspicions or facts that are really just opinions.

From what I have seen over the years there are plenty of women that could use a break from the VA but their gender has not helped.

So please to not bring up gender bias on Hadit we already have enough to worry about.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Pete, I've seen bias enough regards gender, physical appearance and race to last a lifetime. I like to believe individuals are on earth to serve one another in what capacity we can.cg

This is really not necessary. The VA screws almost all Veterans in some way or another. Contrary to the posters opinion my VA Claim experience has been entirely with men. Not that it matters. There is enough for people to worry about without throwing up suspicions or facts that are really just opinions.

From what I have seen over the years there are plenty of women that could use a break from the VA but their gender has not helped.

So please to not bring up gender bias on Hadit we already have enough to worry about.

Pete forgive me and remember I am stupid and the meds are running wild tonight but where is the bias in CG's post. Looks like to me she is saying that gender don't matter in VA claims or SSD claims (just wondering) Maybe I read your post wrong!!

Daisy - welcome as Pete said we are all vets here - even the familes of vets are one of us for we are a family so you will get all the help possible from Hadit we can provide!

Almost all SSDI claimants testify at the ALJ hearing. It is an opportunity for them to meet eye to eye with that idiot doc on the panel who says you can work. He will state his opinion and then you can take that and formulat an argument against it right there on the spot in front of the judge. So don't worry about it and view it as an excellent opportunity for you!!!!! Please let us know exactly what your disabilities are. If you posted it before forgive me for I have missed it or misunderstood your posts. I do not belive that the SSA is discriminating against you. It just appears that way since they are giving you a hard time. Just take a look at some of the posts on Hadit. The VA does the same thing to black, white, red, yellow, green ladies, men etc... veterans. Color, sex, relegion, sexual preference don't matter your just a vet and they will screw with you. Some times the SSA is the same way...... you get a bad adjuicator and judge they just seem to run you around. However, sometimes they approve a claim in 5 months, sometimes 5 years. Just keep up the fight and use what they give you in the previous rulings and decisions to your advantage. Just throw it back at them.

Hows your lawyer doing. Is he aggressive? Does he argue your claim in a proactive manner? If not maybe it is a time for change. If you find yourself having to get documents, arguing your own claim etc.....it is time for a change.

As to your question about editing your post. The owner of the board, Tbird, has decided that you must be a member and have posted xxxx amount of posts before you can edit your own posts. It was a good decision and one we all support. So hang in there. As you grow old in Hadit time you will earn the right to edit posts. Thank you for your service to our country and the scarfice you and your family have made. God bless you and your family.