Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Early Medical Discharge

Rate this question

banchie

Question

Hi! I had a vet move in across from me and he says he didn't know he had cancer when he enlisted. At some point he had a complete induction medical exam. Several months later while in boot camp the military discharge him on medical grounds of cancer. The VA claims even though he had the exam, the short time period served is not enough for benefits or connection.

Ever hear of a vet being denied after having passed an induction exam and serving in the military? The VA has got the guy believing he has nothing coming, even though he served for a short while.

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Appeal !!!

Opps but............I can not tell you how much that is happening. Guy runs during preinduction USMC goes through the last week of basic and suffers a broken foot. They claim he had a borken foot preinduction and gets thrown out with an unclassified FALSE enlistment. Second guys suffers a fall during basic and upon getting to his technical school he is told he has a broken back and is also thrown out. Preinduction on both they passed the physical with flying colors and now they are thrown out. We have asked for an appeal and so far the USMC has denied it. The USAF is still investingating the broken back. What can you do? They have you by the shorts!!

Guest rickb054
Hi! I had a vet move in across from me and he says he didn't know he had cancer when he enlisted. At some point he had a complete induction medical exam. Several months later while in boot camp the military discharge him on medical grounds of cancer. The VA claims even though he had the exam, the short time period served is not enough for benefits or connection.

Ever hear of a vet being denied after having passed an induction exam and serving in the military? The VA has got the guy believing he has nothing coming, even though he served for a short while.

Carlie,

Posted title 38 aready.

But In order to earn benefits there is a minimal amount of time required to serve (think 90 day) but even so the va almost never pays benefits for a conditon that incurrecd prior to service, that is unless the veteran actually served him time, and could prove that military service aggravated the condition. Since this guy did not complete basic he doesn't fit into that catagory.