• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

2008 And Hadit.com

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

We are now going into our 11th year, hard to believe but here we are!

Some Statistics from 2007 I think you might find interesting are attached to this post as a pdf.

I usually like to have a new look on the main site (http://www.hadit.com) each new year. However, the past few months have presented me with some challenges I was unable to overcome to work on the site.

So I will work on the site, however it will be sometime this year rather than the beginning of the year.

I have plans for more demonstration movies, perhaps some podcasts, more content, better navigation and so on.

Thank you Brothers and Sisters for hanging in there with me.

Tbird

9l437iyi.pdf

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Answers 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

OH.. and Happy New Year... (sigh)

A great many of you have worked very hard in helping others here. You deserve to be applauded for your contribution. The simple fact is, if it wasnt for you so many many veterans wopuld just fall thru the cracks.

Because of YOU some veteran was able to pay their house payments this year.

Because of YOU some veteran was able to buy their children Christmas this year.

Because of YOU some veteran was able to feed and cloth their family this year.

Because of YOU!

Bob Smith

I feel I must comment here on a couple of points...

...In closing Hadit is in the end a web board designed to help veterans thru the claims process. It is an incredibly valuable tool for that. It is not a place to spout your opinion unless it's about a claim or VA law... it is a place to tell someone how to get a claim approved, or legislation about claims... everything in general about claims.

Bob Smith

Your comments are well-written and thought out. I would like to comment on the "It is not a place to spout your opinion unless it's about a claim or VA law..." I have seen several opinions that have been authored by members of different ranks (to include moderators) that are not directly associated with the two areas you mention (cited above). In most cases however, it could be inferred that the statements could be indirectly applicable to the two areas. I suppose that the most common post of this type goes something like this, "The VA sucks and they're out to get us and cheat veterans out of their rightful benefits."

I admit that my experience with the VA has not been as long or as combative as the experience of many/most here, but some of those "opinions" (in my opinion) are somewhat irrational (in my opinion). In fact, I have offered my opinion as such. So...if you can wade through this treatise on opinions, I would appreciate your opinion on this matter.

Thank you...

• HadIt.com Elder

I probably have been unfair about comments about VA Meds and also at times the quality of the VAMC I go to although I think it is important to point out when the VA gets it right.

What does bother me is that some posters are way to negative and in fact could discourage claimants who are still battling the VA.

Some facts that are not my opinion but my experience:

The VA has not lost paperwork ever on my claim

Although the VA took its sweet time they have always treated me courtesly and professionally.

My VA probably has better equipment than most Hospitals in Dallas.

Valet Parking has been a big improvement no more searching for a parking spot.

I like my Primary Doc

Meds by Mail still suck for me but not as much

I am very lucky that I have VA benefits and I am grateful that I do.

I am hoping that the VA gets better for all of us.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

OH.. and Happy New Year... (sigh)

A great many of you have worked very hard in helping others here. You deserve to be applauded for your contribution. The simple fact is, if it wasnt for you so many many veterans wopuld just fall thru the cracks.

Because of YOU some veteran was able to pay their house payments this year.

Because of YOU some veteran was able to buy their children Christmas this year.

Because of YOU some veteran was able to feed and cloth their family this year.

Because of YOU!

I could not have said it better....Da m n Straight.

I think it's about the saying 'Ive got your six'!

Another key point is that this site is aside from being a Veterans resource for Veterans, it is also a Veterans family members site that may be provide comfort and info for a Widow, Widower, Wife, Husband, Brother, Sister, Mom, Dad, Cousin, Niece, (you get the idea), Friend, etc.

Oh, and the "bottom line up front" is this website IS T-Birds PROPERTY! I am a guest here.

Their will always be people who will abuse any system for their own motives. As was said earlier, this website exists due to T-Bird, the Moderators / Elders and the 'rank and file'. It is here to help each and every one of us but to also serve the greater sum of this which is of course the Hadit Group as a whole.

I want to thank T-Bord & Co. for helping me!

Most of my experience with VA hospitals has been in conjunction with assisting a Korean War vet during a period where he was being evaluated for a serious gastrointestional problem and the subsequent necessary operation. All of the technicians and doctors were superb. There were a few surly clerks along the way, but they were easy to ignore in view of the otherwise great service.

My experience with the Denver VARO has been satisfactory and without incident. However, I have heard enough horror stories here and elsewhere to know that there are too many instances of incompentence, apathy, cronyism, and nepotism within the national VA system.

My motive for writing my earlier comments was to suggest there is nothing wrong with politely disagreeing with another's opinion, and in fact, nothing wrong with voicing an opinion as long as it pertains to anything, no matter how seemingly insignificant or distant, associated with our experiences with the military's treatment of our disabilities and our interactions with the VA.

Cheers!

Edited by Manitou Sprgs