Imos Www.vetdr.net

Rate this question

VetDr

Question

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I posted a request on another thread that VetDr provide his license numbers and cv that he would send in with an IMO. In that post I requested that his post be pulled if he did not reply. I did this before reading this post so here's my additional comments after reading this thread:

- The VetDr needs to provide his license numbers and cv to the board if he is going to solicit the board. If he doesn't do so, then I ask that his posts be deleted and strongly caution members to avoid using his services least they become victims of identity theft.

I've read both threads now and the whole thing just doesn't feel right to me. If he gives us his license numbers and cv then I'll chill but until then I would advise extreme caution.

For the record, I find it hard to believe he got 12 crank calls due to a hadit post. That is not in keeping with my experience from hadit members who are very helpful and respectful to one another. We have no idea how many vet boards he posted to therefore, if he did get 12 crank calls, we have no idea where they got his contact info from - hadit or somewhere else. This guy is a newbie who supposedly worked for the VA and is able to provide an IMO for less than $400 which is way below the going rate for IMO's. Is he doing all the writing or is he off shoring the work?

I know, now I've got a conspiracy theory going and if the doc's legit I'll simply apologize. The bottom line is, his website is not very comprehensive and before you give out your private medical information (which has all of your identifying information) let's make sure he's legit. If he's not willing to provide his license numbers and cv then let's don't let hadit be the portal for unsuspecting vets looking to save money on an IMO getting tangled up with him and allow themselves to be in a potentially compromising situation.

TS Snave

Edited by tssnave

I agree with tssnavt to a point, that's why I ask for his opinion if he could help me or not. I think something isn't right either, but I am willing to wait and see if he responds.

He could be low balling to get business I understand the medical business side. Most people think Doc's make major bucks, only those established make decent 6 figures.

I still wouldn't remove this thread for the simple reason, that most of us question his intent at this point. I think 6 mos down the road a new person comes on board and they found his web site another way, at least they have some way of researching him or lack of him on this site.

His absenteeism is causing him more harm then we are.

Edited by ruby

I thought he was very upfront and direct. I am not quite sure why he would need to post his license number in here. I would certainly think that anyone who wanted to try to steal veteran's identities would certainly be smart enough to obtain a license number to do it.

Dr. Barson's credentials checked out when I researched him. Each state maintains records on professional licensing. There is a real Dr. Barson. His credentials check out with professional regulatory bodies the way he reported them. I would imagine that if someone just started using his name to create a website to start ripping off vets - the REAL Dr. Barson would step up pretty quickly.

I find it sad that so many have complained about not being able to get an IMO, not being able to afford an IMO, etc. - and then someone comes in and offers to help - and we think he is a criminal.

My opinion is that we deserve to have choices, and that we should be trusted to be intelligent enough to make our own choices.

How many people have come in here asking about Dr. Bash? People give their opinions, the person that asks either does or does not check him out further - and then they make whatever choice they make that is right for them.

He was pretty direct and clear about why he was charging less than the going rate. He is new to the game, and he is willing to charge less until he gets more experience. He also explained that his website was new and he was still tweaking it.

Will his IMO be as "good" as others from those with more experience? Maybe. Maybe not. It most likely depends on the sitatuation. Most vets don't need the "best" IMO. They need one that is good enough to get them awarded benefits. In many cases, it isn't extremely complicated. In some cases - it is. However, it should be up to each individual to choose whether they want to retain his services or not.

Those who don't trust him, or do not think he would write them a good enough IMO will probably not choose to employ him. However, others may choose to do so. I think he deserves a chance. And I think we have to watch trying to protect people from the right to make their own choices.

Free

I posted a request on another thread that VetDr provide his license numbers and cv that he would send in with an IMO. In that post I requested that his post be pulled if he did not reply. I did this before reading this post so here's my additional comments after reading this thread:

- The VetDr needs to provide his license numbers and cv to the board if he is going to solicit the board. If he doesn't do so, then I ask that his posts be deleted and strongly caution members to avoid using his services least they become victims of identity theft.

I've read both threads now and the whole thing just doesn't feel right to me. If he gives us his license numbers and cv then I'll chill but until then I would advise extreme caution.

For the record, I find it hard to believe he got 12 crank calls due to a hadit post. That is not in keeping with my experience from hadit members who are very helpful and respectful to one another. We have no idea how many vet boards he posted to therefore, if he did get 12 crank calls, we have no idea where they got his contact info from - hadit or somewhere else. This guy is a newbie who supposedly worked for the VA and is able to provide an IMO for less than $400 which is way below the going rate for IMO's. Is he doing all the writing or is he off shoring the work?

I know, now I've got a conspiracy theory going and if the doc's legit I'll simply apologize. The bottom line is, his website is not very comprehensive and before you give out your private medical information (which has all of your identifying information) let's make sure he's legit. If he's not willing to provide his license numbers and cv then let's don't let hadit be the portal for unsuspecting vets looking to save money on an IMO getting tangled up with him and allow themselves to be in a potentially compromising situation.

TS Snave

Think Outside the Box!

OK, I just went to military.com and looked up Dennis Barson.

They have a current Dennis Barson O3, who is from Arizona

Could this be the same person? Looks a little suspcious to me.

From his web site, it doesn't mention when he graduated from med school.

Could be his is trying find an area of medicine he wants to work in. Could be that he has moonlighted working for the VA as a comp examiner. Could be he is familiar with Dr Bash and his large fee's and that's what he wants to do down the road.

Could be he has decided to get out (paid his loan back) and has applied for licensure in those states and knows they will be approved at some point, just not now.

If all my could be's are correct, I think he was a little premature in advertising/solicating his services and he didn't think anyone would check him out. When he found out we were, as I told him in my email, he suddenly gets crank calls and pulls his thread. I did notice he removed his phone number from his site.

If this is the case its a shame he wasn't more upright and honest and say look, I have done this, this and that, I am getting out and I am willing to only charge so much to get started.

I would have risk the money for the honesty.

Free, I just noticed your post, you say he is licensed in those states, tssnave said he couldn't find him. I am just curious as there is a Dennis Barson who is in the Navy according to military.com

Something is definitley wrong.

Edited by ruby

He did not remove his phone number from his website. His phone number was not ON his website. He apparently prefers to handle his business solicitations by email, which he certainly had the right to do.

Yes. I did find his license. I reported it. However, I don't think I will report it again. People will either find it or not. I would suggest that people who are very distrustful of him might not want to use his services. They have that choice.

To me, he was pretty direct and honest. He stated that he is still "tweaking" his website. It is new. Some people might not care when he graduated from medical school. They might only care that he is licensed as a doctor and can and will write them an IMO.

I think he has the right to put on his website any information he chooses to. If people want more information than he provides they can:

1. Ask him

2. Choose not to use him

3. Something else

Every doctor is not for everyone. But he has the right to set his own boundaries and make his own choices about how he wants to run his business. As we have the right to set our own boundaries and make our own choices about who we want to do business with.

He was open about the fact that he is pretty new to this. That is why he said he would offer IMO's much cheaper than anyone else wants to charge.

And yes, he did say when his business grows to where he can't keep up with the IMO's - he will raise his prices.

Once again, He was pretty direct. And I, personally, don't see anything wrong with stating that. I don't see anything wrong with him charging higher fees down the road. What is he supposed to say? I promise that when I become successful and everyone starts swamping me wanting me to write an opinion, I will keep writing opinions very cheaply? Would that make him a better person?

Those who question his experience or ability to write them an IMO can choose not to hire him.

Those who want to give him a chance, also have that choice.

I would think the fact that he already had experience with military medicine and the VA would help him immensely.

I thought he was pretty honest about his experience and his intent.

However, once again, if you don't trust him, you have the choice not to hire him.

I hope we Vets don't ruin his business before it even gets off the ground. Because he might be able to help many vets get benefits they wouldn't get otherwise. Not because they were entitled, but because they couldn't get an IMO to prove their case.

If his IMO is good enough to get SC granted - that's good enough for many people. Anything above that is just icing on the cake...

Free

OK, I just went to military.com and looked up Dennis Barson.

They have a current Dennis Barson O3, who is from Arizona

Could this be the same person? Looks a little suspcious to me.

From his web site, it doesn't mention when he graduated from med school.

Could be his is trying find an area of medicine he wants to work in. Could be that he has moonlighted working for the VA as a comp examiner. Could be he is familiar with Dr Bash and his large fee's and that's what he wants to do down the road.

Could be he has decided to get out (paid his loan back) and has applied for licensure in those states and knows they will be approved at some point, just not now.

If all my could be's are correct, I think he was a little premature in advertising/solicating his services and he didn't think anyone would check him out. When he found out we were, as I told him in my email, he suddenly gets crank calls and pulls his thread. I did notice he removed his phone number from his site.

If this is the case its a shame he wasn't more upright and honest and say look, I have done this, this and that, I am getting out and I am willing to only charge so much to get started.

I would have risk the money for the honesty.

Free, I just noticed your post, you say he is licensed in those states, tssnave said he couldn't find him. I am just curious as there is a Dennis Barson who is in the Navy according to military.com

Something is definitley wrong.

Think Outside the Box!

I would suggest that all keep in mind - That as adults we simply should be reminded that any solitation for money or personal information be looked at carefully. All we need to do is keep that in mind, do your own research and make a decision. The phone, mail and internet are used to commit fraud daily. However, we do not need to think or call all who choose to do business via these means are a fraud.

Just some simple precautions to protect yourself is all that is needed. The key here is that we are all adults. As veterans we tend to be more "self protection" minded than the normal citizen as we have already been put through the wringer with the actions taken by the VA. And we ain't a bunch of old rich foggies living in Florida hahahahaha. Therefore, we tend to protect our pennies. If it pans out that a duck is a duck then such actions by those who decide to go this route via the internet are taking on a federal offense and will be dealt with - trust me.

My point here is, and I ain't taking up for the good doc, lets please not slam blast a guy without any cause. As for his creds - hey how many times has your claim for a complex neurological issue been denied by the VA based upon a opinion by a VA NP who specializes in nothing. Same goes for VA doc's. How many times have I read that no creds can be found on these guys? Not saying that his IMO's will carry weight in the VA system, hell my IMO's from my neuro doc who is board certified with 32 years experience and the head of neuro at the hospital that houses the VAMC tend to be tossed aside by the VA. So experience in the claims process does not mean squat. If you can legally put the title of MD on an opinion and can speak the lingo your opinion is just as good as the next guys. So in reality, within the VA system, an opinion from a 395 doc vs one from a 5 grand doc is just as good. Most if not all will not carry any weight until you get to the BVA. In all of my research I have never read an opinion that provides the opinion is not of much weight cause they have never seen an opinion from this doc or that doc. So in my opinion they only thing that matters is you speak the lingo and can type those two initials of MD below your signature.

So I think that all that was warranted on this issue was a simple reminder that to approach this post, as with any solitation, with caution. That is unless you have some firm evidence that other action is warranted. And if you do have such evidence then please let the feds know so the appropriate actions can be taken.

This my overall opinion, then I will shut (yeah right - I don't ever shut up :lol: ) - If you need the IMO, do your research, make a decision and take action. If the decision you make results in illegal activity being conducted against you, then take the approprite action. (at least you can take action - with the VA they can even kill a veteran, escape penalty and go practice in another state!!!!)