Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Us Postal Service Investigating

Rate this question

Berta

Question

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

And then there was the American Legion member by the name of LarryJ, who opened his mail a few months ago and found a CD or DVD or somesuch from the American Legion. I didn't order any thing from the AL, so I just assumed it was "unsolictited junk mail", which it was, so I pitched it.

Three months ago I got a bill from the AL, for this CD or whatever it was. They told me that since I kept it and didn't put it in the special mailer to mail back to them, then I owed them. And, I've gotten increasingly more demanding demands for payment since then.

SO!

Now not only do I owe them for their damn CD, I also owe them for my renewal dues for this year.

It may be a lonnnng time in hell before they get EITHER!

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

Philip is correct you can keep or chuck or give back to mail carrier and are not liable for anything that you did not order

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

I dont use the legion any more. I now use the DAV for I feel they have better benefits like car rental discounts and Ford Purchase plan or X Plan.

Something from nothing leaves nothing? Kind of sums up the AL in my opinion.

Now if these reps were trained at least 25 percent of some folks I know at Hadit then we would get somewhere.

J

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

"And, I've gotten increasingly more demanding demands for payment since then"

Larry -you can report them to your state's Attorney General-if your state AG has a consumer protection program (they probably do)

or at least tell the AL this is what you intend to do if you get any more bills-

I had a problem similiar to yours and the Attorney Gerenal of NY (who is now our Governor) corrected this problem in a heartbeat.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been getting pitches from the AL for insurance because they say that my VA won't pay for the co-pays etc. What a scam! These organizations are just turning into insurance companies. I understand the commander of the AL got a $100,000 bonus and has a nice, fat expense account. These guys are trying to live the dream at our expense. They don't speak for me and that's for sure. I think they see a sympathetic public and are trying to cash in at our expense. It reminds me of what happened to the AARP. Now they are just insurance companies with a very well paid CEO. The AL's motto should be " Their is a sucker born every minute".