Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should We Split The Va Claims Forum Into Separate Forums

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

it seems that more are in favor of splitting the forums, i've set up a test forum that shows all the splits and you can view it here http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showforum=43 you can't post in it yet i have a few more tweaks to do, but you will be able to see how the split looks

the poll closed with the following totlas

split the forum 59.30%

don't split the forum 40.70%

tbird

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Pete has a valid point and I agree with him. Moral support goes a long way and we should keep that in mind as well; it's a mental thing....

I believe the current forums that are here are sufficient. When I came to this sight initially and posted, I posted in the wrong forum and Berta answered my question and suggested that I move it to the proper forum so many other members would see it.

My point is, it should be kept as simple as possible. I refer many retiring and separating Soldiers to this site. Out of the "newbies" that I have referred (at least 20 or more), they all said that the site had good info but a "lot of different areas" to search.

Just my opinion.

Respectfully,....me. :rolleyes:

I totally agree. I have noticed that people that are helpful go through the new post and stay with you to give ideas and help through whatever your situation is. That is what I want to do. It would make it difficult to check different sites to see what is going on. Stay with one location and work from there. I am pretty much experienced with having one focus split into many. It is a distraction. It makes room for mistakes, or to be missed or looked over. The present format is best.

• Founder

it seems that more are in favor of splitting the forums, i've set up a test forum that shows all the splits and you can view it here http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showforum=43 you can't post in it yet i have a few more tweaks to do, but you will be able to see how the split looks

tbird

• HadIt.com Elder

Tbird and all I've read thru the suggestions and can only add my thoughts. YOu are WONDERFUL!

Here goes and I hope they make sense:

One general forum or a few seperate ones will work for me.

I am concerned about how many entry points there are for forums on one page.

Times I pull up the discussion forum and search frantically only to find C&p is now on the bottom out of sight on my monitor. So I return the main forum again & again.

Also, blushing here, I have larger fonts to protect aging eyes, As a result, the lead page doesnt display all topics until I page down.

cg

• HadIt.com Elder

tbird

Tbird, that test page has gone AWOL !