Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should We Split The Va Claims Forum Into Separate Forums

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

it seems that more are in favor of splitting the forums, i've set up a test forum that shows all the splits and you can view it here http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showforum=43 you can't post in it yet i have a few more tweaks to do, but you will be able to see how the split looks

the poll closed with the following totlas

split the forum 59.30%

don't split the forum 40.70%

tbird

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have to lean with carlie on the ftca claims..I just posted the subject and it did'nt feel right on the forum for some reason..but nonetheless its there. consideration should be given to move this topic..regards, william

1 PTSD

2 C&P AND APPEALS

3 TDIU

The above should be seperate forums

mobie16r

I didn't vote because I am sitting the fence on splitting the forum.

At this point in my claims process (4 years, 1 denial, 2 NODs, 100% P&T) I understand enough of the jargon to move freely about the cabin. However, when I first came on board I didn't know enough to even know what I needed to ask. I lurked a while before I even had the courage to ask a question and then didn't usually understand the answer. Therefore, my concern is that if the board is split up further newbies like myself will be lost. Aside from PTSD, who knows what AO, DIC, NOD, IMO, ABC, and XYZ means to the VA? A person may not know enough to be able to get to the right spot.

Which brings me to the reason I can easily say yes to splitting the forum. I think the moderators do a great job of watching the site and would direct traffic if you split the forums up.

Splitting the messages would be efficient because then I won't read about DIC or AO perhaps. However, having said that, I have learned a lot about the claims PROCESS no matter what the issue is at hand. The process remains the same for claims no matter what your issue is.

So.............I can argue for or against splitting the board up. Either way, you have my support.

Thanks for asking the membership and letting us be a part of your decision making process.

God bless,

TS Snave

• HadIt.com Elder

One of the reasons that Hadit works so well is cause many come here for moral support. If we split up into more categories many will miss a chance to pass out a hug or some kind words.

I won my claim just before I arrived but it took over 5 years and I always felt it would be so nice just to hear some encouraging words. Even my Mom thought that I was crazy to fight so hard.

My two cents

I don't think that splitting another forum will help. It may make it even more complicated. I learned a long time ago K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) (Silly works too). If the forum becomes divided then it will no longer be the VA Claims Forum. It will have to be something else. Claims are claims, no matter what type. Thats why you have the search box at the bottom of the screen. Enter your words, search for your item then read/research.

If you feel your thread didn't get the attention it deserved, then look it up and my suggestion would be to put the word bump in your reply to bump it back to the top for people to read or just add your own comment and it will bump it to the top of the list.

Just think if the VA Claims forum were split, then you have to go back and forth between yet another forum. It sounded like a good idea at first but after thinking about it for a while I don't think that it would be a plus for the site. My opinion, of course. :angry: