Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should We Split The Va Claims Forum Into Separate Forums

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

it seems that more are in favor of splitting the forums, i've set up a test forum that shows all the splits and you can view it here http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showforum=43 you can't post in it yet i have a few more tweaks to do, but you will be able to see how the split looks

the poll closed with the following totlas

split the forum 59.30%

don't split the forum 40.70%

tbird

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I think Agent Orange should have its own forum.

Regardless of the pending Haas decision, although Blue Water Navy gets most Blue Water claims questions- the Haas decision could bring more BWVs to this board.

Just my opinion on that-

I agree with Carlie- that many times claims questions get lost in long threads-

I often click on my name because some of my last posts come up in the profile page and I often have feeling I could add something that I didnt in my first reply-

but there are claims questions that pop up in long threads that started out as something else- and even if I try to review recent stuff, I either cant find the questions in the thread or I simply cant take the time to find them.

Also I noticed a vet or widow will ask a question and get some replies -then they dont return here for a week or too and ask the same question again.

Or sometimes they post and get good replies-and then wait and re-ask in a few days to see if someone will give them advise that agrees with what they want to hear.

Maybe by separating the topics it would help resolve those situations.

If you start seperating the forum, everyone will have one that they think will be needed to seperate...this is a can of worms that will be never ending.

• In Memoriam

My feeling is that there should be no changes, and that we should keep this as simple as possible.

Who would have ever thought that Hadit would have 82,000+ post. This is too vast for the new person to comprehend. For simplicity sake the forum must be split. How it is to be split, is a responsibility for long term members who have Hadits best interest at heart.

On a daily basis, I have read all of these post, but for the new person to view all of these post, at one time, must be a frightening thought. I can see that breaking up the forums will take much time and consideration to accomplish. I will help.

• HadIt.com Elder

I know I am a small voice and part of a small group of affected veterans, but I think it would be beneficial to have an area that deals with toxic exposures either AO, SHAD/112, Fort Detrick and Edgewood Arsenal and the Nuclear experiments where these veterans and their widows would be better served by having the info they need in one section, especially since it is such a convuluted mess and does not apply to most other vets.

• HadIt.com Elder

I tried to "vote" when you first posed this question, 'cept it wouldn't allow me to choose but one "classification".

It is sometimes very hard for me to be able to keep up with a thread or a line of thought and sometimes I probably respond to things that are....well, that my responses are out of line/sequence. I have to make notes so that I can keep up with all the neat stuff that gets discussed and I KNOW that I probably put things in the wrong "cubby-holes", like saying something "social" in the "claims" section or something about VA claims in the Social Security claims department.

What I'm trying to say is, if you could keep it as simple (or, make it as simple) as possible.

My memory/mind is going and I don't know how long I'll be able to remember even how to get on the hadit board. But, y'all do what is best for the entire bunch and I'll try to play along as long as possible.

I've got my notes to keep me warm, as long as I can remember where and in what order they are.

:lol: