VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

You Are Not Going To Believe This Fiasco.

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I just talked to another Hadit meber who is out of town. He got a copy of his claims folder and as he was reviewing it, he found a denial letter, Vcaa notice for another veteran.

I told him to contact the Veteran and tell him he had the letter, Then he was to send it to another government agency, Not the VA.

Ever wonder where all the lost information is?

What ever happened to the control of files. That is VA requirement. They should not be allowed to have more than 1 file on their desk.

J

Edited by jbasser

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It may be new to you, but if you have been around awhile like some here, this kind of thing goes on more often than one would believe. Claims have been denied due to raters reading something they believed to be the claiments records before them and turns out to be someone elses instead, but sometimes it takes years for these type of mistakes to be corrected if not found out right away. I believe I even read where a Vet's award was stopped, thinking he was dead, when in fact it was someone else who had died, but it took some doing, even though he showed up in person with proper ID and all to get it streightened out.

If someone believes this doesn't happen, they must be a VA Rater/Adjudicator, since they don't want anyone to think that these kind of mistakes go on and go on more often than they should. Of course they should never go on, but even VA Raters/Adjudicators are human too.

I just better not find someones records in with mine, nor find that my records got mixed with another Vet's records. I'm always one step or one foul up away from going postal, that is to say jumping down someones throat over the matter.

Hey! I say it like it is. I can't help having a psychiatric problem, that at times makes it difficult for me to handle my emotions and/or actions. The Navy made me this way and the VA perpetuated the problem into what it is today, teating it like a PD instead of the Psychiatric problem it was.

Rockhound Rider :P

Yeah, this poor sucker had 60 days to respond but i really hope he got this letter because its expire months ago.......It was buried deep in a pile of crap..

Edited by yoggie2