VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

You Are Not Going To Believe This Fiasco.

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I just talked to another Hadit meber who is out of town. He got a copy of his claims folder and as he was reviewing it, he found a denial letter, Vcaa notice for another veteran.

I told him to contact the Veteran and tell him he had the letter, Then he was to send it to another government agency, Not the VA.

Ever wonder where all the lost information is?

What ever happened to the control of files. That is VA requirement. They should not be allowed to have more than 1 file on their desk.

J

Edited by jbasser

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This can open the VA to a lot of trouble if the Vet decides to pursue this.

In this case, just as with the VA worker who took the computer home that got stolen, this Vets personal information has been compromised and who knows what damage has been done.

In addition, the Privacy Act Law of 1974, Personal Identifiable Information (PII), and HIPPA Laws may have been breached in reference to this Vet. :P

jbasser, I just can't help but wonder if some of my evidence is in his folder????

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to check in at the VAMC to see my doctor Thursday. They got my records mixed up with a guy named John D. King. I am John T. King. I spent five minutes setting them straight. They asked me about my SSA number quoting this other guy's number to me and asking if that was my SSA number. One time they asked me if I had recovered from my recent stroke. I never had a stroke. This was mixed in with my records. Imagine if I had an emergency and went to the VAMC. They might waste time wondering about my recent "stroke" and not treat me for what is really wrong with me. It could even happen if I scheduled a regular surgery there, so I don't do that. I too found other vet's stuff in my C-file. I also wonder why our C-files are not on disk or tape or something besides ancient paper. My file looks like it is 40 years old because that is about how old it is with crumbling paper notes. Crucial evidence just in a folder mixed up with junk. The VA has not really looked in my C-file in almost 40 years until I pointed it out to them via my lawyer.