VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sadness

Rate this question

oldsol423

Question

I am writing this with a very heavy heart... On June 21 I came home and found my wife dead on the floor... She had a lot of health problems over the past 3 years, but it was still a severe shock to me....38 years is a long time to be with someone. I truly know she was one of Gods Angles sent to me in 1969. I am rated 90% with IU. Permanent and Total with no future exams. The Champs insurance, and Meds by Mail was a true financial blessing over the past 3 years<> My question is:: Is there any type of burial benefits for a deceased spouse? It has taken about all my funds to bury her. Any information would be deeply appreciated.....I though 1968 Tet was rough. I survived by the grace of God, but this last mile i have travled in the past 3 weeks has been a long one..... May God bless and keep all of you.... Thanks for the valuable information I have read on Hadit over the last few years......

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

oldsol423,

I am so sorry for your loss.

I have been with my husband for 43 years and as you know, you grow

up together.

I am trully sorry that I cannot answer your questions, but I would

like to offer to you my prayers.

God Bless you and Keep you Safe.

Always,

Betty

Oldsol423,

please accept my sincere condolences for the lost of your wife. May God keep his loving arms around you now during your time of bereavement and always.

Respectfully,

MRRRR5

• HadIt.com Elder

Dear Oldsol423:

I grieve with you over the loss of a dear woman who stood with you for so many years. Although the VA will not help with burial I suggest that you discuss your problem with a Social Worker and also consider letting some of the Service Organizations know your plight.

If I can think of anything else I will post.

You probably should see someone as I can't think of anything harder to go through by yourself.

God Bless You

Old Soldier I did not find anything in the benefits handbook. Unless she was buried in a nation cemetery. Then they would pay the plot, headstone, everything. Very sorry for your loss.Your Angel will always be with you.

oldsol423,

Very sorry your wife is gone. I don't know of a VA benefit that would provide any financial help.

How about SSA, I think they have a minimal provision, something like $250.00 or so.

Did you check little things you may not be fully aware of like life insurance's on a bank account,

credit cards, AAA, AARP, anything like that may have something your missing.

Good luck to you and yours.

Respectfully,

carlie

My deepest sympathy to you. No words can help ease the pain your feeling, only time will help lessen your sorrow.

May God be with you during this time.

Ruby