VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sadness

Rate this question

oldsol423

Question

I am writing this with a very heavy heart... On June 21 I came home and found my wife dead on the floor... She had a lot of health problems over the past 3 years, but it was still a severe shock to me....38 years is a long time to be with someone. I truly know she was one of Gods Angles sent to me in 1969. I am rated 90% with IU. Permanent and Total with no future exams. The Champs insurance, and Meds by Mail was a true financial blessing over the past 3 years<> My question is:: Is there any type of burial benefits for a deceased spouse? It has taken about all my funds to bury her. Any information would be deeply appreciated.....I though 1968 Tet was rough. I survived by the grace of God, but this last mile i have travled in the past 3 weeks has been a long one..... May God bless and keep all of you.... Thanks for the valuable information I have read on Hadit over the last few years......

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ther are not enough words even for friends to say at a time like this, sorry is just not enough, I will keep you in my prayers....like Pete suggested contact the Service Organizations, Red Cross, Catholic Social Services etc, they can be very helpful at times.

Without life insurance a death can be financially devastating to the survivors.....but you do have people that care here, that is a small consolation I hope

Oldsol423, I too am saddened and offer my sincerest condolences upon the loss of your life long partner. I too have been blessed with a wonderful wife of 43 yeats and I would like to help you by offering a monetery gift to you. Pehaps all on hadit could pass the hat for his gentleman and fellow Veteran in his time of need....How bout it gys.Oldsol423 reply to me at rthomass@insightbb.com; need you name and address; I will be glad to send you a gift of $100.00 . It is the least I can do for a fellow

veteran in need. I sincerely hope that this gift does not offend you for it is offered to a Veteran that has served his country.

Your Fellow Veteran

Randall

Edited by rthomass

I am sorry for your loss! I have the beleif that we will be reunied with the ones that have passed and this helps me through the hard times. I hope this helps you cope with this hard time! Les

This is very sad news-

spouses of disabled vets -in many cases- are eligible for burial in a National Cemetery-

http://www.cem.va.gov/cem/bbene/eligible.asp

I know how devastated you must feel-

is it possible that she might have had a life insurance policy with any former employer? Maybe handled through a retirement account ?

If she worked and earned at least ten years of SSA credits-you might be eligible for SSA widowers benefits on her SSA account if you are over 60 and not on SSA retirement yet yourself.

After losing two spouses myself- both disabled vets- I know death can be very expensive.

And the expenses add to the shock and stress of losing someone.

This is very sad news-

spouses of disabled vets -in many cases- are eligible for burial in a National Cemetery-

is it possible that she might have had a life insurance policy with any former employer? Maybe handled through a retirement account ?

If she worked and earned at least ten years of SSA credits-you might be eligible for SSA widowers benefits on her SSA account if you are over 60 and not on SSA retirement yet yourself.

After losing two spouses myself- both disabled vets- I know death can be very expensive.

This is very sad news-

• HadIt.com Elder
Oldsol423, I too am saddened and offer my sincerest condolences upon the loss of your life long partner. I too have been blessed with a wonderful wife of 43 yeats and I would like to help you by offering a monetery gift to you. Pehaps all on hadit could pass the hat for his gentleman and fellow Veteran in his time of need....How bout it gys.Oldsol423 reply to me at rthomass@insightbb.com; need you name and address; I will be glad to send you a gift of $100.00 . It is the least I can do for a fellow

veteran in need. I sincerely hope that this gift does not offend you for it is offered to a Veteran that has served his country.

Your Fellow Veteran

Randall

Randall,

I have taken the liberty of sending you an email at your address.

I would be most happy to match your contribution.

Perhaps, on the site, we can help this fellow veteran.

always,

Betty

Edited by Josephine

38 years is a long time. Many people are not as fortunate to have had a long lasting relationship. Blessings to you and family. An angel will watch over you to help you through your tough times. SS will give you a small amount of $255. with a copy of the death certificate but I am sure others on the site will help you with further information.

AGAIN SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.

I am writing this with a very heavy heart... On June 21 I came home and found my wife dead on the floor... She had a lot of health problems over the past 3 years, but it was still a severe shock to me....38 years is a long time to be with someone. I truly know she was one of Gods Angles sent to me in 1969. I am rated 90% with IU. Permanent and Total with no future exams. The Champs insurance, and Meds by Mail was a true financial blessing over the past 3 years<> My question is:: Is there any type of burial benefits for a deceased spouse? It has taken about all my funds to bury her. Any information would be deeply appreciated.....I though 1968 Tet was rough. I survived by the grace of God, but this last mile i have travled in the past 3 weeks has been a long one..... May God bless and keep all of you.... Thanks for the valuable information I have read on Hadit over the last few years......