VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Marijuana Legal For Medicinal Purposes

Rate this topic

Hello, I am new to this so I will try to do this right. I am 100% SC for various Mental disabilities. I smoke pot daily for these conditions and pain from bullet fragments and shrapnel. I filed for SECONDARY service connection for ED because of the drugs the V.A. is giving me. The V.a. decided that My ED was caused by my Cannabis use related to my PTSD (and self medicated for my PTSD) as compensable!!.....huh? YES! SMC 0% but $96. added to my 100%. This could possibly help those in a similar situation?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you own guns be careful about using pot and/or telling anyone from the VA that you own guns.

states may allow medical pot use but the feds will use it against you if they can.

i know of at least one case where someone was tested for drugs without being told or ask if he was taking pain meds. he failed as he was taking vicodin from a non VA dentist. Without asking the vicodin and if it was prescribed the VA put on his medical records that he was a drug abuser.

it took him years to get the drug abuser label removed.

Other doctors have seen pain meds on veterans records and without any reason have stopped the meds and labeled the veterans drug users and left the veterans in a lot of pain for no reason. some doctors have even labeled smokers as having a addictive disorder and they have had a lot of problems later getting pain meds they needed.

I have fibromyalgia, small fiber neuropathy, and neurosarcoidosis,

Before i got these disorders DXed some VA doctor listed on my medical records that i was a drug seeker just because i wanted to find out what was causing all the pain i was having and i still have problems getting pain meds even though i never ask for narcodics for these disorders. and i am a ex EMT and know when to use pain med and when not to.

I use it for IBS and neuralgia. Better than anything the VA has given me and no side effects.

I have a two part question:

What, if anything, can the VA do to me if they give me a pee test and find I've been using marijuana? I've already told my doctors I smoke it to relieve my IBS and neuralgia symptoms. They didn't say much.

What if I am in a state that has legalized medical marijuana and I have my card issued from a state licensed doctor allowing me to purchase, carry and use marijuana for my stated medical reasons?

I think all drugs should be legalized then we could reduce the prison population by half. Whose body is it anyway? Does the State own your body. Should they be able to tell you what you can put into it? Alcohol is legal and we know it destroys lives, but Uncle Sam gets a "healthy" tax from it. Tobacco is legal and it kills but the government gets a big tax. Living in a police state is not all it is cracked up to be. Our founding fathers took opium when their backs hurt. Why not follow in their footsteps. If it is good enough for Jefferson, Franklin and Washington it it good enough for me.

POLICE STATE !..... sometimes John you really do go over board...The United States of American is not a Police State .. you had my attention until you said this.. I for one won't jump off a bridge just because someone else has.....But I would use weed, if it was legal,,, in my younger days I used it for fun, but it just put me to sleep... I sure would like to be able to sleep the pain away now....

Edited by Teac

Yea but two problems with this,.. first the Obama administration is coming down on Med weed in california, and other states.. second most states it is still against the law to have, use or sell weed.for any reason