VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Camera's In Ptsd Group Meetings?

Rate this question

shrlee

Question

My husband has been attending a bi-weekly PTSD Group Meeting at our

local VA for the last eight years.

When he attended yesterday he noticed they have installed camera's

which were scanning the room. He asked the phychologist if they were

on and yes they were. About ten or twelve vets are in the group. The

vets are uncomfortable with the cameras and several of them has quit

venting and are careful of what they do say and most don't talk at all.

The phychologist, whom the vets respect and trust, now also is careful

of what he says.

Were we behind times or is it common to have camera's in the PTSD Group

Meetings?

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

There has been some hoopla recently on the news where videos of hospitaized patients were put on UTube or somewhere vollating thier privacy rights-

then again I wonder now if the Bath VA had cameras in an instances where my husband fell, hitting his head and shoulder after a major CVCA, and due to his stroke he couldnt tell me the next day why his shoulder and head hurt so much-he had short term memory loss due to the stroke.

A nurse told me about and I asked his doctor what happened and she said they would XRay his shoulder but they never did-

when I got his med recs years later no X ray and nothing at all on this incident.

I sure wonder what cameras in VA hospitals would reveal- it is certainly a privacy violation-then again it could reveal and prove malpractice if the camera also was taping stuff too.

I recently got a nanny camera- what I mean is just a camera and TV screen that shows me what is going on in my driveway-

I have a lot of work to do that involves concentration and I dont like interruptions without some warning-my desk is at back part of my house , the PC is at front-

The camera can somehow be hoked into my regular TV and even my PC- I think even my daughter hundreds of miles away could actually get access to what it sees.

These things can be a protection for our privacy but in PTSD sessions? No way- that is just awful-

if there had been cameras in the vet center I worked in- there would have been no PTSD Combat group meetings at all.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

I would like to get those nanny cameras in my yard as well. I hate my neighbors and don't trust them. I have motion detectors already that light them up. I want two more motion lights and those cameras. I can say no more about my security arrangements. Top secret! No minefield yet.

• HadIt.com Elder
Berta

I would like to get those nanny cameras in my yard as well. I hate my neighbors and don't trust them. I have motion detectors already that light them up. I want two more motion lights and those cameras. I can say no more about my security arrangements. Top secret! No minefield yet.

Speaking of which:

How's your paranoid schizophrenia doin? Have you turned in a claim yet?

:P