VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SHREDDING OUR TRUST IN THE VA -- 10-13-2008

Tbird

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Going to play the devils advocate, and say that unless you were born in a foreign country, and spent less than 30 days in the military, you know that the GOV is a massive burocracy that LOVES it's paperwork. As a matter of fact, born and raised in the USA, you know that you are nothing but a Number to the GOV, from birth until death you sign and file paperwork til it's coming outta your ears! And, you know they are crooked: the banks lose your mortgage payment, the teacher loses your homework, the County loses your marriage liscence, etc etc.

You MUST keep personal copies of ALL documents and safegurad them!!!!

For many, and for too long, the veteran is NOT going to see justice served on his or her claim at the VARO level. The claim isn't going to see the light of day until it gets to the BVA or the Courts. So, keep it simple and hope for a quick DENIAL, so you can Appeal to the higher courts.

VARO Employees are mostly, totally ignorant of VA Laws and Regulations.

I would NOT waste my time ever talking to them on the phone about my Claim. Believe NOTHING the front desk tells you, they will say anything to get you off the phone. If you do make a call, the Front Desk at the VARO is AUTHORIZED by VA Regs, to suspennd your compensation for any statement that sounds like forfeture or fraud. Like, don't tell them I'm a happy camper, going fishing -- or worse, tell them to take their Compensation and stick it where the sun don't shine, 'cause they will! Your neighbors can call and complain, and VARO can take immediate action to reduce or suspend your award.

Everything in writing to the VA should be either Notorized or, at minimum, Certified Mail. You always need a witness to their bullshit. Don't go to C@P Exams alone, don't even go for health care alone if that's possible. Take a Buddy. Watch your back. Don't get hostile no matter if you gotta bite your tongue off.

One more vent, I have never advocated sending more than one Claim at a time. It's too EASY for the VARO to DUMP all your claims at the same time this way. If they are going to SHRED a claim, hope that it's only that ONE CLAIM, and not 4-5 claims on appeal. Whenever possible, your Letter Heading to the VARO should be Claim #1, next Letter is Claim #2. I know that's not always possible with intertwined claims, but if you can, take it one at a time. That's my advice for what it's worth.

I fought the AF Review Boards for 4-5 years, and my Honorable Discharge was sent to the VARO 5 years ago. I sent them a copy, the AF sent them a copy, and St Louis sent them a copy. Guess what, they told me to send them another copy.

OMG, it's enough to make you completely insane!

I pray to God for justice for all veterans.

~Wings

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday, October 23, 2008 -

ST. PETERSBURG (Bay News 9) -- Employees at the Department of Veteran's Affairs benefits office in St. Petersburg improperly shredded eight documents, investigators with the VA said.

According to Bay News 9's partner paper, the St. Petersburg Times, the VA investigators said seven of those documents would have been critical in making a decision about a veteran's claim. Officials said they do not know if the documents were dumped by accident or on purpose.

The VA is now extending a national ban on all shredding in its benefits offices, until the agency works out a policy to safeguard documents.

Inspectors said they found similar circumstances in three other cities.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/10...operly+shredded

It says, VA documents improperly shredded

Nope, I'd have to say they did a pretty good job. shredding that is..