VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Nod Was Denied... What's Next?

Rate this question

iraqx2

Question

Hi Guys,

I've been hiding out and busy for the past months and have not been in touch with the forum. Hope everyone is having a good day. Here is the latest on my situation..

Need Help!!

I put in an NOD ( De Novo Review ) back in January for my PTSD to my VRO, disagreeing with the rating and requested an increase. After waiting, the VA recently a denial letter and Form 9, Statement of the case, along with my options. I feel that I've presented everything that I could on my NOD, now this??

I am so tired of waiting and doctors visits, etc. and hate to say that I am ready to give up.

What should my next step be? Request a hearing? Hire a lawyer? Or is my case dead?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Iraqx2,(1)Are you service connected for PTSD? (2) If so,what are your precentage?(3)Do you have a vertifiable in-service stressor? (4)Have you been diagnose with PTSD by a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist?

mobie16r

Yes, it is service connected ( OIF Combat ). Currently, it is 30%. I've been in the VA system for the past 4 years and have already been receiving the 30%.

My vote goes to get a lawyer. Especially if this is PTSD-based, you don't need the additional stress and aggravation.

Unless you have a spouse (like my husband has) who's been referred to as a junk-yard dog kind of aggressive PO'd wife who's also sick of this crap. Over time, you learn to get less angry and more educated on how to beat the VA at its own game.

But for PTSD patients like yourself, I think it's worth the investment, and you don't pay anything if you don't win.

Hi Guys,

I've been hiding out and busy for the past months and have not been in touch with the forum. Hope everyone is having a good day. Here is the latest on my situation..

Need Help!!

I put in an NOD ( De Novo Review ) back in January for my PTSD to my VRO, disagreeing with the rating and requested an increase. After waiting, the VA recently a denial letter and Form 9, Statement of the case, along with my options. I feel that I've presented everything that I could on my NOD, now this??

I am so tired of waiting and doctors visits, etc. and hate to say that I am ready to give up.

What should my next step be? Request a hearing? Hire a lawyer? Or is my case dead?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

I recommend filing your Form 9 right away. Additionally, review the stated reasons for the denial and work to resolve those issues. As you know, there are several senior Hadit members who can point you in the right direction is resolving those issues.

Good luck (and file your form 9 now),

Ron

Do what John999 said and you need outside opinions IMO's. The VAMC does not and almost will not give solid medical opinions if you were smearing crap on the walls and after you fill out that form #9 get you a lawyer who can put the things together you don't understand and will confront them directly on your behalf......