Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% Granted

Rate this question

RSG

Question

Hey ladies and gents,

Well I got word, no where near what I expected. Bva Judge said in the decision that there was a

clear an unmistakeable error in my claim. RO's all screwed up. But they only granted 70% back to 2002.

I think they are just jerking me around again. Don't think the Ro even read the decision.m SSD say's I'm 100%.

Anyway, is there a way to check and see if my retro has even been mailed yet? I'm

not sure where to go from here. HELP!!! Please.

tnx, Rsg

Edited by RSG

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you signed up for direc deposit than it will be quicker than reg mail. It should not be too long.

6+ years makes for a good retro check. Enjoy and congrats on the win. Now press for IU if they wont give you 100 % schedular.

J

As a reminder my recent retro check over 25K required 3 signatures before approval and took 45 days even with direct depoist. Rest assured when it finally does come, you suddenly walk around with strarge music in your ears causing you to dance, then you realize because it's taken so long to finally have money you've been doing without a lot of stuff and stuff costs a lot more than you remembered. Treat yourself nice but save a lot of it, you can't go through the same season again, then come back and fight some more. God Bless You!

• HadIt.com Elder
Hey ladies and gents,

Well I got word, no where near what I expected. Bva Judge said in the decision that there was a

clear an unmistakeable error in my claim. RO's all screwed up. But they only granted 70% back to 2002.

I think they are just jerking me around again. Don't think the Ro even read the decision.m SSD say's I'm 100%.

Anyway, is there a way to check and see if my retro has even been mailed yet? I'm

not sure where to go from here. HELP!!! Please.

tnx, Rsg

Ron,

I am happy you at least came out with the 70%. I would expect you to receive your check by mail in just a plain envelope within 3 weeks after the award letter arrives.

Don't stop at the 70 %, do as I did, just as soon as you receive your retro, fill out that TDIU paper again and have it date stamped and turn it back in again. By doing this immediately, they will in turn pay you back 100% and this should be from the date you began SSDI.

I had to have another C&P, for the 100%, but it was a piece of cake and then the VA send me another large retro check.

My first retro was by mail and then I called to have automatic deposit and then the second retro went straight into my checking account.

The BVA Judge made his decision for me March 4th and received my grant letter May 8 and received my retro two weeks later.

I went for my C&P August 20th and received my second retro in my checking account the end of September.

All of this took less than 4 months. This time period is from BVA to

100% P&T.

Hope this helps you.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Betty

Edited by Josephine