Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Certified Mail

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I have been ill with an ear infection-

I didnt get my mail for a few days and just found a Certified mail thing in my mail box-from the VA .

I guess the mailman can deliver it tomorrow again- but I dont know if I will be able to get down to the road to sign for it.

It might be nothing - did anyone ever get certified mail from the AMC?

They did complete their medical review on my claim there-very fast but I never heard of VA using certified mail for claims info...?

Maybe it is just the return of a check I sent to the RO for copy of Rod's medical records-but withdrew the request as it would have held up the AMC.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I was surprised what this was-

a certified letter from the Regional COunsel VA Buffalo, telling me they cannot award me relief under the FTCA in amount of $4,500-

I had filed a tort in August 2006 for the destruction of my IMOS at a loss to me of $4500.00

I called the regional attorney at the time and told him this was just a ploy -but my way of one more attempt to get my IMOs considered properly.I really didnt want the money back at all-

I did state that my property (the IMOs) had a vaule (the fee for them) and that their destruction must have occurred because again the VA had failed to read or acklnwledge them.

The VA RC gave me 6 months to file a reconsideration request in DC or 6 months to file suit in a Federal district court.

Funny thing is I think these IMOs were actually acknowledged and read by the AMC last week as they were sent to a VA examiner here at the local Bath VAMC.

What is even more odd is that the Regional Counsel already denied this tort claim-

about a year ago-

but did not really spell it out this way -

I think every regional office -to include their Regional counsels are gearing up for the VA OIG.

So basically-I got a letter by certified mail from VA that says what the RC already told me about a year ago-but this letter states what they did to investigate and what my appellate rights are-

but it is basically a CTA letter as I told the VA OIG the whole story recently of years of calluous disregard for my husband re: his claims, his medical conditions, and then his widow's evidence.I have it all documented too.

• HadIt.com Elder

The reason it was certified is simply that the VA considered the letter to be required legal notice of some type (it likely is). Since it involved a Tort claim, the rules are not set by the VA, and are determined by the Tort process. I'd be tempted to continue the claim, sice I believe that this is a normal response at the process stage you are in. It's also gotta be a very sensitive area at the moment, and this should actually help, once the VA decides that you will not just "go away". Remember the VA's mantra--whatever we did is not wrong, unless you can prove that it is.

I was surprised what this was-

a certified letter from the Regional COunsel VA Buffalo, telling me they cannot award me relief under the FTCA in amount of $4,500-

I had filed a tort in August 2006 for the destruction of my IMOS at a loss to me of $4500.00

I called the regional attorney at the time and told him this was just a ploy -but my way of one more attempt to get my IMOs considered properly.I really didnt want the money back at all-

I did state that my property (the IMOs) had a vaule (the fee for them) and that their destruction must have occurred because again the VA had failed to read or acklnwledge them.

The VA RC gave me 6 months to file a reconsideration request in DC or 6 months to file suit in a Federal district court.

Funny thing is I think these IMOs were actually acknowledged and read by the AMC last week as they were sent to a VA examiner here at the local Bath VAMC.

What is even more odd is that the Regional Counsel already denied this tort claim-

about a year ago-

but did not really spell it out this way -

I think every regional office -to include their Regional counsels are gearing up for the VA OIG.

So basically-I got a letter by certified mail from VA that says what the RC already told me about a year ago-but this letter states what they did to investigate and what my appellate rights are-

but it is basically a CTA letter as I told the VA OIG the whole story recently of years of calluous disregard for my husband re: his claims, his medical conditions, and then his widow's evidence.I have it all documented too.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

Good to hear it was nothing bad.

I once got a certified letter from the VA , about 6 years ago telling me that in a file reveiw I was on the list for those that were being looked at for Hep-C due to the use of the air guns in bootcamp........I just stuck it in my file, it was weird that it was sent certified mail.

Cigarette smoke?!?!?!? I have never heard of that before, though I will try it next time I get an earache. I do the oil, cotton ball, and heating pad regime. Also, Sudafed (the real stuff you have to sign for and get behind the counter now) to open the tubes up.

The only thing I ever had to sign for from the VA was both times they sent my C-file. Like Betty, they sent huge checks through the regular mail but made me sign for my c-file.

Hang in there, Berta.

Thanks for the earache tip with the cigarette smoke. I wonder what the underlying principle is that it works on?

TS Snave