Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Want To Hurt Someone

Rate this question

sharon

Question

;) I have PTSD (70%) that was recently reactivated by a personal attack. I have tried my best to deal with it. I was taken out of work by my doctor two months ago. I am on FMLA and it is about to run out.

All I can think about is harming those who harmed me. I often think of harming myself.

I have a loving husband, daughter and son. They are at a lost as to what is going on with me. They try to keep their distance.

I think I need to go into the hospital. I am consumed with bad thoughts. I guess you can say that I am in crisis. I can't see things getting any better.

I have been up all night reading the hadit web cite. There has to be someone out there that knows what I am going through.

Talk to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

i know there are many here that have been in your shoes, but first things first, if you have these feelings you need to have your husband take you to the hospital emergency room and tell them you, that you are thinking of harming yourself or others and you are not safe at home. you must get this help even if you have to call an ambulance, this is a very serious situation and most likely will not resolve itself without some professional help. you must do this to save yourself, you must fight against those thoughts as though it was an attacker trying to take your life. check yourself into the hospital, get grounded and get some help, you have a husband and kids counting on you and you are to important to let your thoughts harm you or someone else.

tbird

:angry: I have PTSD (70%) that was recently reactivated by a personal attack. I have tried my best to deal with it. I was taken out of work by my doctor two months ago. I am on FMLA and it is about to run out.

All I can think about is harming those who harmed me. I often think of harming myself.

I have a loving husband, daughter and son. They are at a lost as to what is going on with me. They try to keep their distance.

I think I need to go into the hospital. I am consumed with bad thoughts. I guess you can say that I am in crisis. I can't see things getting any better.

I have been up all night reading the hadit web cite. There has to be someone out there that knows what I am going through.

Talk to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

I hope I am doing this correctly. I made it through the night. I am going to try and go to church this morning. Maybe I will get some counseling from my paster. I have not been out of the house except to see my doctor. Last night was just hard. I read your bio this morning and feel somewhat inspired becuase you know how the house can become a prison. It feels like a self imposed sentence with no parole date.

i know there are many here that have been in your shoes, but first things first, if you have these feelings you need to have your husband take you to the hospital emergency room and tell them you, that you are thinking of harming yourself or others and you are not safe at home. you must get this help even if you have to call an ambulance, this is a very serious situation and most likely will not resolve itself without some professional help. you must do this to save yourself, you must fight against those thoughts as though it was an attacker trying to take your life. check yourself into the hospital, get grounded and get some help, you have a husband and kids counting on you and you are to important to let your thoughts harm you or someone else.

tbird

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

I too have PTSD and completely understand what you are talking about. Please go to the hospital and talk to someone. I've had the thoughts you are describing. They are all-consuming and can take over. Get somewhere safe and talk to someone who can help you.

Please take good care,

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't have a diagnosis of PTSD, but I can emphasize with you because my mood disorder keeps me locked in my house most of the time. I do it so I won't hurt someone. It's not that anyone has necessarily harmed me. I'm just mad at the world most days, and I know that I could be dangerous. If you are completely unable to get a grip on your emotions, please follow Tbird's advice and go the ER asap. You need help, and that's where it's at. We are all on your side on this site, but you need to listen to the advice given.

Welcome home.

90%, TDIU P&T