Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Someone Help Keep Me On Track?

Rate this question

Guest morgan

Question

I have come to Hadit this time with a broken heart. My kind and sweet husband of 27 years died last Friday. He was rated at SMC M and was enrolled in the VA Home Based Primary Care program. He had a visit with the VA nurse on Thursday, a week before his death. She found a 101.7 fever but didn't follow up with us about it. He had had recurrent UTIs and had been on three rounds of antibiotics, so I assumed the fever was related to the UTI. The third round of antibiotic was to end the next day after the nurse visit. When I didn't hear back from the nurse, I thought the UA must have been clear. But he was still very weak and sick. I took him to a private doctor and he sent him to the hospital. We found out that he had pneumonia so advanced, on top of severe lung disease, and he just couldn't fight it off. I am devastated. I know I need to file a claim for DIC, but I just can't get my head together to find the application or know what else I need. Or how much DIC pays now. Anything anyone might remind me of, I would greatly appreciate, as I have been at home taking care of him and can't seem to think outside the caregiver box. I'm sure my good sense will come back soon, but I just can't think right now. All of our income is gone, of course, and since he was so sick, he had little life insurance.

Any help to keep me on track would be greatly appreciated. I'm just not used to not being able to think. I'm trying to find a job, too, but as crazy as I am right now, I'm sure no one would hire me. I just have to settle my heart and mind. I would appreciate your prayers.

Edited by morgan

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Dear Morgan:

I am so sorry for your loss. You need some time to figure stuff out. Please wait until you have had time to collect your thoughts.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Pete

• In Memoriam

Morgan,

My condolence to you on the loss of your husband. I agree with Pete. Don't be alone.

This post is a little confusing to me; it should be helpful after you have taken some time to grieve. Stick with hadit.

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...=11772&st=0

you are breaking my heart and i am so sorry for your loss . i remember when

my mom passed i was so hard to make any kind of rational decision immediately

after . hadit can keep you informed as these guys and girls know all the ropes.

not only can they keep you informed they can provide some comfort in your

time of distress . wonderful site to communicate with and make friends who care

as they are unselfish and their goal is to help.

Guest terrysturgis

My prayer is that the Lord helps and guides you and eases your burdens during this difficult time. Take care of yourself, God Bless. Terry