Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Fraud.."smoking Gun"

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I recently got a VARO decision from Cleveland RO with a St. Petersburg RO cover page. This seemed more than a little peculiar, and I have been thinking why would this would happen? I am fairly sure these decisions are printed on computer, with the "default" cover page, being the local Regional Office.

Of course, this is a mistake, and I cant help but wonder why one RO would log into another RO's database? To help Veterans? To speed up the claim? Frankly the RO does not give a rip about Veterans.

(Yes I know RO's "farm out" their claims to other RO's, and mine has been farmed out to Virginia and Philadelphia. However, in each case, they told me about it. This time, they did not "farm me out" to St. Pete) Also, when I was "farmed out" to Roanoake RO, Roanoke did all the development and leg work, but then it was sent back to Cleveland for a decision.

I think the most likely reason is VA employee related fraud. To me, it is a "smoking gun".

When I put it in context, the whole thing makes sense: The VARO's denies deserving Veterans, funnels this money into "fake" claims, with large retros, (they have already been caught at doing this!), then "covers it up" by spreading the fake claims, with large retros over multiple Regional Offices, so it does not look like it is coming from one particular VARO. Of course, this would take lots of people in different cities all working this fraud together, but the "fraud pie" would be big enough for many to partake.

YES, I know this all sounds crazy, BUT WHY ELSE would regional Offices be so motivated to delay and deny our claims by the bushel basket full and even shred them? I would like opinions! I have no proof..just a decision from Cleveland with ST. Pete cover page and THOUSANDS of DEserving VETS being denied and delayed.

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't forget the concept of "workload". Workload determines personnel numbers, operating budget, job security, and a few others I didn't name.

When it's easier to deny than grant, you get more production numbers by denying claims. If the denial is appealed, that just adds to the workload. (and so on.)

The best way I know to start a reversal would be to REQUIRE a formal review process by the SSA (or other outside VA agency) of a denied VA claim. The SSA or outside agency gets to charge the VA for the review.

Each government agency has it's own way of doing things. Unfortunately, the VA has made denial a desired part of it's process. The VA has been doing this for more than half a century. I beieve it's time to put teeth in varous veteran oriented laws and make them sharp enough to "bite" the VA. Currently, the VA is excepted from many laws that would apply to anyone else.

We all have our opinions and those posted previously obviously might be correct.

My opinion is that the reason vets have so many problems with VA claims are:

1. Many VARO personnel are inadequately trained

2. Many VARO personnel are inept due to item number 2 or they just don't have the comprehension to

perform a professional job in evaluating claims

3. Some VARO personnel just don't care

4. Some VARO personnel feel pressure to meet deadlines and end up doing sloppy work

5. Some VARO personnel likely destroyed files because they didn't have the ability to meet the imposed deadlines

6. There are some cases where claims are inadequately supported or prepared. I am glad Hadit is here to help those of us who have had this problem.

I do not think there is a widespread nefarious plot to keep vets from getting their rightful benefits.

Yes, my VARO sucks too...

JMHO

Ron

Does anyone else have a theory as to WHY the VA regional Office is so determined to deny and delay our claims other than a purely greed motive on their part?

Yes... For every va employee that has frauded the system there are hundreds that haven't. To be sure there is no great conspircy's at the VA it is all a figment of your mind.....and just something more for you too fret about.... B)

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Hoppy's idea of a hiden agenda on the part of the military and VA to deny claims to save money. Just look at our own claims here. Most of us were either denied or low balled on our original claim. Everyone here has been in appeals and some still are for years. It is not an accident. It is just understood that a denial is preferable to a approval when the evidence is not stark. Even if the evidence is air tight you can still get denied because you claim was not even read.

I get back a decision that does not even resemble my claim or consider my evidence so I wonder if the system is so broken or currupt that it needs to be completely replaced.

Re: "The military and the VA continue to have a hidden agenda of saving the tax payers money by cheating veterans out of benefits." --Hoppy--

I would be interested in reading the evidence of the hidden agenda. Could you please provide a reference? And...the fact that many vets are initially turned down (or finally turned down) is not evidence to support the "hidden agenda" hypothesis. Those denials are more likely due to reasons 1-6 listed below (another post), workload issues, or the problem of proving a nexus for their disability.

The Clown Man and myself had more than 45 years combined service in the Army and both of us had Top Secret clearances at one time or another. Neither of us ever saw evidence of the military having a hidden agenda such as what was discussed earlier.

I really don't have a dog in this fight as I have major issues with the VA myself, but I sincerely don't believe they are due to some hidden agenda. Actually, I think that idea is preposterous.

Ron

Edited by Ron II

• HadIt.com Elder

Ron, I also get where you are coming from. The system is only as good as we make it with our preparation. Knowledge is power.

The Active ingredients in some Neuro Drugs is rattlesnake Venom. Go figure.

Good Luck.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Hello,

I agree (and that is interesting info about the drugs). I've finished posting on this thread--we all have our experiences and other influences that shape our opinions.

My opinions on any particular subject have no more merit than those of anyone else...

Ron